Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Resting heart rate

(7 Posts)
ghoulelocks Thu 22-Nov-12 20:57:02

Just a little poll, what's your resting heart rate in pregnancy? I found a few statements online saying it's higher, but very general.

I'm asking because I was admitted a few times recently as tachycardic (plus dehydrated, bleeding and a kidney infection... bingo!). My pulse lying in bed for hours was around 120-130, not measured walking but far far more.

Now it's resolved it's still just under or over 100.

I'm in my twenties, healthy, bmi 20 with a resting pulse of 65 normally. Has yours increased?

Oodthunkit Thu 22-Nov-12 21:30:09

Over 100. Last pg was approx 120 resting

Pontouf Thu 22-Nov-12 21:51:33

My resting heart rate pre pregnancy was around 58. Just taken it while MNing in bed and it is 72 ( I am 20+5). Wonder if it's to do with all the extra blood pumping around?

tinyshinyanddon Fri 23-Nov-12 03:32:00

I have a low heart rate (45-50) and it stays low during pregnancy. Such that during particularly gruelling labor with dc1 my new nurse breezed in (we were there for countless shift changes) and asked "are you an athelete?" to which I replied "no, I'm fucking pregnant".

Fluffeh Fri 23-Nov-12 07:53:08

Mines usually around 90 when not pregnant because of some meds I take. So far the norm is around 125-145 I'm 17+5 smile.

milkyjo Fri 23-Nov-12 09:12:09

Dehydration will increase your heart rate, as will having an infection with associated high temperature. Your heart beats faster because you have less volume of blood to pump around your body due to dehydration and bleeding and your organs need to be oxygenated. My heart rate has stayed the same but my blood pressure decreases in pregnancy.

MrsBradleyCooper Fri 23-Nov-12 18:39:54

I've no idea what mine is but have been having funny turns so GP ordered some blood tests and an ECG. Nurse doing ECG said my pulse seemed quite high but was going to get a doctor to look at it. I was too scared to ask what it was as I have anxiety and the worrying would probably make it shoot up further.

Just glad to see that some of the rest of you have increased pulse rates so I don't feel quite as abnormal!

I'm now waiting to see the GP on Wednesday to go through it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now