Talk

Advanced search

Farting in my sleep!

(11 Posts)
IWillOnlyEatBeans Wed 21-Nov-12 16:20:11

Pleeeeeease tell me it's not just me?!

I wake myself up at least once per night - by farting! Yikes! It's been happening for a week now (I'm 35 weeks pg with DS2).

Is there anything I can do??

My DH and I DO NOT fart in front of each other so I am mortified at the prospect of him hearing (we are not prissy people, but farting/pooing is something we agree the other does not need to hear/see!)

Help!

itsmyfirsteek Wed 21-Nov-12 16:38:47

I do it all the time, this baby has made me very windy! My other half thinks its hillarious, we laugh about it then its not an issue

Ellypoo Wed 21-Nov-12 16:42:47

I do it all the time too - can't help it, DH finds it very amusing and we just have a laugh about it!!!!

TheDetective Wed 21-Nov-12 16:45:03

Yes. I lost all control of my bumhole around week 34-35 grin. Sorry! I just can't hold them in anymore!! DP just laughs at me!

And yep, I've woke myself up frequently from farting! grin

TheDetective Wed 21-Nov-12 16:46:14

I'd cut out the beans though grin. That might do the trick. wink

itsmyfirsteek Wed 21-Nov-12 17:41:31

In fairness, my other half woke me up by farting the other night so I just see it as getting my own back!

IWillOnlyEatBeans Wed 21-Nov-12 18:00:15

Hee hee, glad it's not just me!

And the beans are an old reference to my DS Detective, nothing to do with my eating habits ;)

My DH has promised me he has never noticed/heard, but I think he's just being polite! He'd never make me feel embarrassed about it, but I hate the loss of control!!

MB34 Wed 21-Nov-12 19:06:11

DH and I are the same about farting/pooing in front of each other - never have never will.

I've never woken myself up by farting but have heard DH do it when he's asleep - it's just something that neither of us brings up in conversation! If a sly one does sneak out - I just pretend to be asleep lol! Although, due to itchiness and in general, being more comfortable - for the last 4 weeks I've been sleeping on the sofa (I'm 41+1)

I have told him though, if I do either labour - we are to never ever speak about it! lol!

Stepawayfromthesweeties Wed 21-Nov-12 20:16:23

My dh is like a wind farm and I constantly tell him off (much to his farty amusement). I would rather die than fart in front if him, but he let's rip when and where he feels the urge. However he now laughs at me coz I farted so loud one night in bed last week that I woke him up (I slept right through). Apparently the smell almost killed him too grin. That's 3 years worth of windy revenge wink

weeblueberry Fri 23-Nov-12 11:49:30

I'm only 16+2 but have given up not farting in front of my boyfriend I'm afraid. blush. I don't sit trumping all night but my gas got so bad that literally even holding it for a few seconds was incredibly painful.

He's not heard me do it in the three and half years we've been together so the first time I did he looked at me as though I'd kicked his kitten...

Rico08 Fri 23-Nov-12 11:57:28

I'm 15 weeks and thought I could feel baby moving until I realised it was wind rolling round my belly blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now