Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weeks and horrendous....nothing!!!!

(14 Posts)
TinkyPeet Tue 20-Nov-12 15:47:19

Hi ladies, I'm migrating from the conception forums, where I've been chatting to some lovely ladies (and hoping to see all of them here!) and I got my bfp last week.
I'm 5+4 (yes I'm that obsessed sad wierd)
But...I don't feel anything yet, and I don't mean movements I m ow that's way off, but I thought I'd be sick or something at this point, have had little bits of heartburn but had way more the week before bfp

So, when did anyone start to actually 'feel' pregnant?

Xx

Not had scan yet so my dates are based on MN calculator and my last period and I'd say I started to notice changes I put down to being pg at about 7-8 weeks when the nausea hit me.
In hindsight I would also say that I had digestion and wind issues, and also tiredness at about 4-7 but I didn't connect that with pg until later on when I started reading up a bit more that they are also side effects.
I'd add that 8-11 I'm now feeling bloated and my boobs have suddenly expanded to look like a rather splendid set of fakes!

butterflyexperience Tue 20-Nov-12 17:34:53

Op enjoy the feeling of nothing whilst it lasts because when/if morning sickness hits you, or spd or fatigue you'll long for the good old days of nothing

TinkyPeet Tue 20-Nov-12 17:43:23

Tempted to poas just to see if its still real! Lol x

tamster83 Tue 20-Nov-12 20:30:57

congratulation ! the sickness tends to kick in around 7weeks in my experience if your gonna get it . I didn't have any symptoms early on iether just cramps where I was adamant I was gonna come on my period and none of it was real lol

TinkyPeet Tue 20-Nov-12 20:58:01

I have had a few little cramps this week that feel a bit like period pain but milder, and my friend reassured me that this is stretching, hopefully so! Lol x

mum2elliot Tue 20-Nov-12 20:58:55

I started to feel pregnant once the sickness kicked in at about 7 weeks but it didn't seem real until i had my first scan hope everything goes well x

MerryChristMoose Tue 20-Nov-12 21:02:14

You may not get anything. I had irregular periods anyway. DH commented that I seemed to be putting on weight. I POAS just in case and the rest is history. I was about 17 weeks pregnant!

Stepawayfromthesweeties Tue 20-Nov-12 21:28:46

I had symptoms pretty much straight away, IBS, sore boobs, nausea, lack of appetite (which was my biggest clue as I normally eat like a horse) I'm now 10+4 and they're starting to ease off although replacing themselves with lower back pain and the need to sleep every half an hour smile

nannyl Tue 20-Nov-12 21:59:56

in nearly 10 weeks

had an HG pregnancy last time

saw my midwife at 6 weeks and told her i was amazed that i felt fine, no sickness at all

boy did i jinx myself, the vomitting started that night and hasnt stopped and im HG again and i feel awful (im unable to look after DD who has today started nursery, my mum has been up looking after her the previouse 2 weeks)

however i dont feel "pregnant". I feel horendously sick and very very poorly and havent eaten a meal for 3.5 weeks and counting

CitizenOscar Tue 20-Nov-12 22:15:59

Try to enjoy it. Nausea kicked in here at 6 weeks both times (2nd pregnancy) and it's horrid. Also getting fat already! Ah well, will be worth it in the end smile

Fidget275 Wed 21-Nov-12 06:31:35

Am 9+3 and have had awful sickness from about 7 weeks. I miss food sad Prior to that i would say tiredness kicked in between 4-7 weeks. Enjoy it while it lasts!! X

EMS23 Wed 21-Nov-12 06:41:36

With my first, apart from weight gain round my middle, I didn't feel pregnant till 21 weeks when I felt movement! I knew i was pregnant obviously and in that time I had 3 scans and an amniocentesis and I still didn't feel any different!

Second pregnancy, sickness from 6 weeks, achy hips etc.. And a bump straight away!

Enjoy it!

TinkyPeet Wed 21-Nov-12 09:43:16

Well I felt a bit queezy when I woke up thismorning but other than that all I have is little cramps. I know I shoul be happy about not being sick but I would love it to feel real lol xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now