Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What's the advice on Cold Home-Cooked Chicken in the UK?

(6 Posts)
QueenSconetta Tue 20-Nov-12 15:24:48

So I cooked a chicken breast at about 7.30pm last night, put it in the fridge and brought it to work to have for lunch (put it in the work fridge as soon as I arrived).

I brought it out to make a sandwich at lunchtime and some it looked a tiny bit pink, so I discarded these bits and used a very few of the white bits for a sandwich.

Now I am very paranoid but I can't seem to find any UK advice. It's not mentioned on the NHS website, but other countries seem to think eating cold cooked chicken is a big no.

Any ideas on UK advice?

PseudoBadger Tue 20-Nov-12 15:39:48

This is the UK advice. TBH I'd be more worried that you hadn't cooked it properly rather than that it was cold. Was it definitely pink as in raw, or pink as in near a blood vessel?

QueenSconetta Tue 20-Nov-12 15:52:18

TBH I'm not sure. It was definitely cooked texture and had been cooked in the oven at 200c for 20 - 25 minutes, it just looked a little bit pink-hued I thought, although could have been the light. I discarded all the pinky bits anyway and only ate the bits at each end as this was enough for a roll anyway.

TheWholeEnchilada Tue 20-Nov-12 16:48:34

A whole chicken needs to cook for at least an hour. It's quite possible that yours was undercooked, which is a big no-no regardless of whether or not you're up the duff! (Also make sure your food is fully cooled to room temperature before putting it in the fridge.)

Cold cooked chicken is perfectly fine during pregnancy.

QueenSconetta Tue 20-Nov-12 16:50:57

It was just a chicken breast, sorry I should have said that.

TheWholeEnchilada Tue 20-Nov-12 17:10:32

Please ignore then!

(You've made my big preggo belly hungry for a chicken sarnie...mmmmmmm.) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now