Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stitch-like pain in lower left abdomen (8wks)

(7 Posts)
TheOnlyPersonInTheRoom Tue 20-Nov-12 13:24:05

Hi all,
I am getting sharp pains that are exactly like a stitch in my lower left abdomen. It usually comes at night but I just leaned forward slightly in my chair and it was agony. I don't know if this is normal. I'm not booked in with a MW yet as they made me wait til 10 weeks.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal or something to not worry about... please?

Cheffie100 Tue 20-Nov-12 13:35:14

I have no idea I'm sorry. Also 8 weeks into 1st pg. just wanted to say that I hope it goes and is nothing to worry about. Sure someone on here will be able to help

Zorra Tue 20-Nov-12 13:46:43

No medical expertise here, but I sometimes get this and I think it's ligament pain as your muscles etc relax during pregnancy. I've had a vile cold so been honking and sneezing, and have a toddler who wants to be picked up: I think the conbination has done for me this time.

I would just say that you should check out other symptoms of ectopic pregnancy if you haven't had a scan etc, just to rule it out - a check of Dr Google listed this as a possible reason for abdominal pain.

LittleAbruzzenBear Tue 20-Nov-12 13:49:35

What Zorra said. I had this pain when I was pregnant, but always best to check these things. Hope you're ok. x

Havingkittens Tue 20-Nov-12 21:00:27

Yep, sounds like round ligament pain to me. It can make you gasp but it's pretty much par for the course. Check with the midwife just in case but more than likely nothing to worry about.

TheOnlyPersonInTheRoom Wed 21-Nov-12 09:43:52

Hi all, thanks for the replies I was a bit worried yesterday.
I think you're right - I suppressed a sneeze last night and ended up with the same agony on my right hand side, so I'm pretty sure it's ligaments going bandy or whatever they do when you're pregnant!

scrumpkin Wed 21-Nov-12 09:46:44

I got this with all 3 of mine, got worse with each pregnancy. If it's the same thing then it's ligament pain like the others said. worrying though isn't it at first!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now