Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity Swimwear? At this time of year?

(15 Posts)
RidingHood Tue 20-Nov-12 11:00:37

Hi All

Does anybody know where I can get a maternity swimsuit from at this time of year? I am 26 weeks pregnant, and I've looked in Mothercare but their offering doesn't seem like it would be very supportive (I'm a 36G bust).

In the past I have had to buy Panache, but they don't seem to have a maternity range and I don't want to spend so much when I don't need it for that long.

Can anyone recommend anywhere? Has anybody else had this issue?

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Tue 20-Nov-12 11:59:37

Have seen a nice slazenger one on sports direct.com down to.£9.99!

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Tue 20-Nov-12 12:00:55

Clicked too early blush
I have the mothercare one and huuuge boobs, if I'm doing aqua running etc I just wear an extra bikini top underneath, it's usually ok for swimming though x

happygonicky Tue 20-Nov-12 12:14:28

Interesting you do aqua running too, AndFanjoWasHisNameO. Do you use a flotation belt? I've been doing it since SPD stopped me running. Do you enjoy it? I find it a bit tedious!

BlueChampagne Tue 20-Nov-12 12:49:52

ebay?

Panzee Tue 20-Nov-12 12:51:04

Sports shops.

princesslina Tue 20-Nov-12 13:14:41

I got mine from m&s online not too exoensive and comfy ... support not great for boobs but can wear bikini top underneath too

Nicky1306 Tue 20-Nov-12 13:23:06

I saw a nice one in m&p at the weekend blue with white polka dots, not sure on the boob coverage tho! X

eagleray Tue 20-Nov-12 13:38:01

Quite a bit in the maternity clearance section of Next online. I also managed to get an unseasonal maternity bikini from la redoute sale for my holiday in oct!

Librarina Tue 20-Nov-12 14:03:16

I've seen a lovely one on figleaves - it is blue spots with a little red bow. I've not yet bought it though because it's 39 quid which is more than all the rest of my maternity clothes puut together!

worsestershiresauce Tue 20-Nov-12 14:07:55

I've just bought one from john lewis www.johnlewis.com/104007/Product.aspx

CityDweller Tue 20-Nov-12 14:18:45

I'm 22 weeks and a regular swimmer and just had to buy a (normal) costume a size up. When that gets too small I plan on getting this as it looks like it'll stay in place swimming laps
www.figleaves.com/uk/product/EJ-932/Emma-Jane-Maternity-Swim-cross-back-swimsuit/?size=&colour=Black&noc=1

mrsbugsywugsy Tue 20-Nov-12 14:48:43

I'm 30 weeks and wearing a non-maternity panache tankini which I bought from ebay. Like you I can't do without the boob support, so I bought the tankini top in my current bra size, and it still seems to cover my bump - I am quite short in the body though, this might not work if you are tall.

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Tue 20-Nov-12 15:41:07

HappygoNicky I wear the full floaty suit, agree that it can get a bit tedious but I found it helped my SPD that much that I put up with it grin Hate 'normal' running, am hopeless at it but this seems to work for me.
Re: the cozzies-I've just got another one today in M&P for £22, plain black with white straps and built in boob support. Will let you know after tomorrow night if it did the job or whether I was arrested for indecent exposure in the pool blush

happygonicky Tue 20-Nov-12 16:05:50

I got an Emma Jane tankini, which I'd recommend. Not the sort of quality you'd expect it to last for years, like you might a 'normal' swimsuit, but fine for a pregnancy (or two?).

Interesting re the aquarunning, AFWHNO. I do feel like bit of an idiot doing it, but think it's helping on the cardio front. Don't get arrested!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now