Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

31+4 -- Full of head cold and cough - what can I do about it?

(6 Posts)
LucyC12345 Tue 20-Nov-12 10:40:13

hello ladies

I am feeling utterly dire with a horrid cold (blocked up) and cough. Am taking paracetamol and using karvol but can't shrug it off.

really not fun especially since I've got another 6 weeks of work to go, plus i'm barely sleeping as a result.

Any tips oh wise ones? smile

crunchingautumnleaves Tue 20-Nov-12 11:02:20

Also in pregnancy board at the moment are 'is paracetamol the only way to go...?' & 'if you have a sinus headache/cold...' - both have some useful stuff. Hope you feel better soon smile

chocolateteabag Tue 20-Nov-12 11:02:24

Just did another post on a Sinus Rinse which you can get from Amazon for £10. Not sure if you can wait that long - but basically it's like a neti pot and washes out the gunk from the front part of your sinuses.

Other than that - lashings of Vicks and lots of oranges/satsumas, hot ribena?

You have my upmost sympathies

3rdbump Tue 20-Nov-12 11:09:40

Blah i have it too sad started with it on sunday and had a horrendous sunday nights sleep with it. Paracetemol helps as do cough sweets and just resting up.
Am 35 weeks and TBH baby went very quiet yesterday morning, called the midwife who says baby will not be affected.
Anyways feeling brighter today and baby back to normal self.
Hope you feel better soon xxx
Also i have been burning eucalyptus oil in the burners which helps unblosk your nose!

NAR4 Tue 20-Nov-12 13:38:43

Try hanging a towel over your head, over a bowl of boiling water. The steam does give, at least temporary, relief. Also Calpol and a few others do a plug in vaporiser. I have found these great.

They always seem a lot worse when pregnant, think its due to a dampened down immune system.

Hope you feel better soon.

LucyC12345 Tue 20-Nov-12 16:51:02

thank you so much for your words of wisdom ladies! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now