Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Questions to ask at ante-natal class

(3 Posts)
Littlelot Tue 20-Nov-12 09:14:40

Dh and I have an antenatal class on Saturday (due to not being fluent in local language we are having a private class in English) and the midwife has said she loves it when people come with a long list of questions for her to answer. I have jotted some ideas down but doesn't particularly look like a long list, so what do I need to ask?

The midwife is lovely and I'm sure will tell us everything we need to know regardless but don't want to come away and then think of a million questions afterwards.

Thank you

chocolateteabag Tue 20-Nov-12 09:21:27

Hi
What kind of birth do you want? (Have you got a birth "plan" written yet) and by that I mean do you want to have an epidural, do you want to try to have a drug free birth, are you scared of anything (stupid Q I know) like tearing
What kinds of pain relief do they offer
What birth positions do they recommend? (I stood up for most of mine and the MW's had recommended on all fours over a birthing ball)
Do they have a pool
Where will you park the car when you arrive
Can DH stay with you the whole time
Would you like skin to skin contact straight afterwards
Would DH want to cut the cord
Will they give you an injection to help pass the placenta (and do you want it?)
What can you do before labour to help out?
What things do they recommend you bring in with you, and what will you not need (beyond the obvious - but do they have nappies etc)
Will they help you with breast feeding (if you want to do it) or will they have formula and bottles if you don't/can't

Sorry bit of a stream of thoughts there

Littlelot Tue 20-Nov-12 09:45:49

No, streams of thought are good! Thank you. Will definitely be adding to my list. So much to think about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now