Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weeks- cramping and some blood

(4 Posts)
Glcase Mon 19-Nov-12 19:01:53

My partner and I have been ttc for 18 months. We were thrilled to find out two weeks ago that I'm pregnant. I had some spotting and had an internal scan last week. The midwife said she could see the sac and a tiny embryo but that it was too soon to see anything else.

Today at about 1ish, I started with period pains. I came home from work and got in bed. When I went to the loo there was bright red blood when I wiped. I still have the cramps but no more blood so far.

Is this a mc? If so, do I just have to wait it out? I have another scan booked next week as its taken so long to conceive.

Any advice would be appreciated.

chocolateteabag Mon 19-Nov-12 19:34:28

Hi there - do you have an EPU near you - you can maybe call them or the out of hours number ( which will be the maternity ward)

It could be an MC but it could equally be just a bleed from your cervix. I had red bleeds at 5 & 6 weeks with DS and at 6 weeks with this one have had red bleed on Friday which turned brown on Saturday.

You will find lots of posts on here where people have had red bleeds and it's not an MC so it's not lost yet, just rest up as much as possible now.
FX for you

chocolateteabag Tue 20-Nov-12 09:14:44

Hi GLcase - how are you doing today? Any more bleeding or cramps?

chocolateteabag Tue 20-Nov-12 12:49:28

BTW - another MNer posted this link on cramping which may help you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now