Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Static fundal heightis it somehting to worry about?

(4 Posts)
mum2elliot Mon 19-Nov-12 18:13:22

Hi All

I had a midwife appointment today the midwife has referred me for a growth scan because baby's growth has remained static for 2 weeks i am really scared would really appreciate some advice.

anniebunny Mon 19-Nov-12 18:17:52

Mine never got over 34cm with DD (born at 39 weeks at 7lb 3oz) so not necessarily a worry. Different people will measure it differently, it will vary depending on how the baby is lying. Even growth scans can be wrong (was told that DD would be 5lb with no fluid and a tiny head- had plenty of fluid and an exactly average head).

I have had two friends who's babies have stopped growing and were born at about 5lb- both were fine so even if baby has stopped growing they will probably just deliver a bit earlier than they would have otherwise. At the growth scan they might look at the blood flow in the cord to see if the placenta is starting to slow down.

wanderingalbatross Mon 19-Nov-12 18:20:35

How many weeks pg are you? Fundal height can be affected by all sorts of things, and can change e.g. Due to baby shifting position. It's also less accurate towards the end as baby engages. It's probably nothing to worry about, just the midwife wanting to double check.

mum2elliot Mon 19-Nov-12 18:25:18

i am 33 weeks exactly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now