Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant with a high bmi.....

(6 Posts)
TinkyPeet Mon 19-Nov-12 16:43:41

Hi, just been for my booking in appt and obv got weighed n measured, and my bmi is 37 sad I was quite upset when she told me my weight, I mean I knew I had put weight on and starting bigger this time than last 2 but I didn't think I weighed that much sad I put over 2 stone on being on cerazette for 4 weeks back in August and haven't managed to shift it off sad and I'm only 6 weeks(ish) gone so I know I'm gonna be an absolute hippo
So.... Point to the post, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? Or if I'm gonna be the one that people stand next to do they feel better lol
Xx

Jenjen85 Mon 19-Nov-12 17:06:15

Tinky your not alone, I'm 7wks pregnant an worrying about my booking in appointment on 4th Dec as I know my bmi is about 31. I actually posted something similar a while back and there are more women than you think with high bmi's. in my honest opinion I don't think the bmi thing is right as people carry weight differently, I'm classed as obese but I'm in a size 14 clothes and don't look it. Hope this helps :-)

TinkyPeet Mon 19-Nov-12 17:11:28

Thankyou for the reply, I'm in a size 18 (comfortably, some 16s depending where from) but am 5ft8, so to myself and dh I look quite proportioned(maybe hes just being nice lol) just a bit wobbly in the middle, I'm happy with myself I don't feel unhealthy really, just a bit put out, ESP when my midwife, although lovely, is a large lady sad

Jenjen85 Mon 19-Nov-12 17:20:43

I'm 5ft7 and I think I look in proportion too lol I'd be mortified if DH found out how much I weigh as I'm a bit embarrassed but I'm a comfortable 14 and don't think I'm unhealthy either. I do think everyone carries weight differently and it can be deceptive as we are both taller ladies I think we must carry our weight well. :-)

Jenjen85 Mon 19-Nov-12 17:22:25

Here's the link to the threat I started a while back, might help http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/1603777-BMI-classed-as-Obese

TinkyPeet Mon 19-Nov-12 17:25:19

Thanks hunnx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now