Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

4D Scanning...

(5 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Mon 19-Nov-12 14:32:01

Has anyone had this?

How many weeks do you have to be and can they tell the gender with 100% certainty?

Just trying to decide if I should have a 4D scan instead of a regular gender scan..

eagleray Mon 19-Nov-12 14:57:46

Hi - had this done (4d) a couple of weeks ago at 29w 1d with Babybond. Not sure what optimum time is but think we were in the middle of the ideal date range - more info on their website.

Not sure re gender certainty - we were already 100% certain from amnio but they were able to see clearly on scan. It may depend on position of baby?

May be worth ringing them - I rang a few times with questions before committing to booking. Also, there are other clinics offering similar service (babybond just happened to be most convenient for us)

Good luck!

curiousgeorgie Mon 19-Nov-12 15:10:00

I'm looking at babybond too... I had a gender scan at 16 weeks there with DD (in Wimbledon)

I just have to know! grin

Dogsmom Mon 19-Nov-12 15:12:42

I had a gender scan at 16 weeks with babybond, it's the earliest they do it but the sonographer said that unless they were sure of the sex they wouldn't announce it and would ask you to go back (for free), it's more than 99% accurate and in all their time they had only ever had to ask one lady to go back and had a 100% success rate at that clinic (Stoke-on-Trent).

They take time to get shots from below looking upwards so they can clearly see the genitals so nothing can be tucked away and show you your pictures compared to a boy/girl, ours was identical to the girls.

I paid £79 for it and they did both normal scanning and 4D, they also printed out 6 pictures in both formats and put about 15 on a disk, I prefer the normal scans though, I find the 4D ones a bit creepy.

worsestershiresauce Mon 19-Nov-12 16:05:37

I had 4D scans at 12 and 22 weeks. At 12 I was given a 70% certainty as to the gender, and this was confirmed as correct at the 22 week scan. I agree that the 12 week ones were a little creepy, as the baby is a bit bug eyed at that point. At the later scan the pictures were very clear. You are able to see exactly what the baby's face looks like. One midwife told me she didn't like them, as it made it so much harder for the parent if something goes wrong. I guess that is a consideration.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now