Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anybody know what would happen?

(6 Posts)
howardbear Mon 19-Nov-12 12:42:42

hi all!

im 37 weeks with dc2, my first born is nearly 3 and born at 34 weeks by emergency c-section so i have had a lot of apts/scans this time round and so far so good!!

im booked in for elective c-section two weeks today and since ive been told to stop taking asprin (a week ago) ive been paranoid about babys movements, ive never had full on kicks that some people talk about, its more a squirming/wriggling feeling but it seems fainter than it has been, is this normal for this stage in pregnancy?

i mentioned this to community midwife on friday, and she said that if i was worried about the movements to ring the number and they would proberbly take me for c-section early!

i suppose what im asking is how do i know if i should be worried about the movements, i can still feel baby, what if im just being paranoid? ive never had a 'pattern' of movements to compare it to. if i did ring the number would they monitor me/baby or just go straight for c-section? dont really want to be admitted to hospital for monitoring if its not essential!

Anybody else had any experinece of this x

NoTeaForMe Mon 19-Nov-12 12:52:23

Do you know where your placenta is? Mine was anterior in my last pregnancy, it's basically across the front and acts as a cushion so you don't feel the movements as much. Could it be that?

Movement definitely changes later in pregnancy and is not squirmy/wriggly, baby has less room so can't kick as well.

Midgetm Mon 19-Nov-12 13:12:30

Go get checked. If you are ever in any doubt about movements get it checked out.

Rhubarb78 Mon 19-Nov-12 13:16:43

I agree with migetm always get checked out. the hospital can do a ctg to make sure the baby is not distressed. If you are even posting this you are worried enough to do so, the staff dont mind a bit of paranoia, best to be safe.

howardbear Mon 19-Nov-12 13:42:40

think my placenta is where it should be, nobody has said any different and just looked at my notes and it just says 'not low'??

was sort of hoping everyone wud tell me that it was normal, and nothing to worry bout, but your right i should get it checked! they can just tell me to bugger off if im wasting their time i spose!

Chunkychicken Mon 19-Nov-12 16:01:26

A week before my DS was born I worried about movements. I had felt him move but only when I prompted - I got my bump out in the light, I poked him, drank cold drinks, lay down on my left etc but there didn't seem to be the usual spontaneous movement.

I called the assessment unit, they invited me in for monitoring. I was monitored for about an hour until his movements increased. I had an anterior placenta and I think sometimes he got in an awkward position and I just didn't feel his movements (although for half the monitoring, he was sleepy). I wasn't made to feel stupid or wasting anyone's time.

He was fine and born a week later, at 38+6, so its definitely worth getting checked out, especially if you are considered to be 'full term' so they can act if necessary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now