Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The paranoid pregnancy voice has started.....

(4 Posts)
Tweet2tweet Mon 19-Nov-12 10:32:07

I'm 19 wks and a member of staff has just returned to work after have radioactive treatment for their thyroid.

They took 20 days off after the op as directed by the NHS but I am now mega paranoid.

Anyone know anything about this procedure? Will it be alright, I'm trying to avoid them but it's not possible to do all the time and they sat next to me at a meeting.

Nigglenaggle Mon 19-Nov-12 20:43:49

Have a chat with your midwife if you feel worried to put your mid at ease, but I am pretty sure the amounts of radiation they give off are miniscule - you should be OK. Always better to check though, if only to save you hours of worry.

Tweet2tweet Tue 20-Nov-12 08:23:21

Thanks Nigglenaggle- that's so obvious but didn't think to ask MW!

Nigglenaggle Tue 20-Nov-12 21:06:22

I used to spend hours and days worrying about all sorts before my next check - I should have just rang or sent a text. None of my worries amounted to anything though, its just the mother bear in you starting to wake up and protect her cub smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now