Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

6 weeks pregnant & I can't stop crying

(8 Posts)
pocopearl Mon 19-Nov-12 09:39:30

Hi Im 6 weeks pregnant and I can't stop crying is this normal or am i just losing the plot in general. Also has anyone else ever had period like cramps from 5 weeks no bleeding just cramps. Its a long awaited number 1 pregnancy and im a little nervous and very very weepy!

Splinters Mon 19-Nov-12 11:05:26

Period cramps with no period, yes definitely! First thing that made me think I might be pregnant. They carried on until about 8 weeks I think. I have also done a lot of crying. On the plus side, I think I'm also laughing a lot more too (when I'm not crying) -- dh has suddenly turned into the most hilarious person in the universe!

Splinters Mon 19-Nov-12 11:06:17

Oh, and I meant to say, all the best with your pregnancy. Really hope things go well for you.

surfingbabies Mon 19-Nov-12 11:10:31

Oh god yeh......I cried none stop with my first! I'm heavily pregnant with number 4 now but haven't been emotional but did get cramps and even bleeding at the beginning, till about 15 weeks......I went for a scan to see where the bleed was coming from and it was nothing so even if you do bleed don't panic!! Enjoy and all the best, it's a truly wonderful experience......soak it all up smile xx

pocopearl Mon 19-Nov-12 19:07:26

Thanks, I was even weeping lots reading everyones answers! Thank you all soooo much!

Rosiesharples Mon 19-Nov-12 20:20:08

Just been crying at master chef Australia!! WTF?!? Xwink

MissingDietCoke Mon 19-Nov-12 22:47:46

I swear I cried more in the first 4 months of my pregnancy than I have in the last 10 years. Normal!! The Olympics were a massive blubfest for me, as was anything slightly nice, slightly mean or anything at all really if i was that way out! All the best with everything.

flutterby123 Tue 20-Nov-12 18:47:14

I did this too! I'm now 13 weeks and much more emotionally stable (expect for worrying about scan on Friday and hoping everything is okay). But I don't really cry (someone I worked with once described me as having a heart of stone - I felt this was a bit mean!) so I totally get what you mean about crying. And sometimes it's over nothing in particular. I would just start crying!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: