Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding gums in pregnancy

(4 Posts)
TwitchyTail Sun 18-Nov-12 23:31:33

Anyone else? Never had them before and always been praised effusively by my dentists for my oral hygiene (twice-daily brushing for 2 minutes followed by good mouthwash, floss nightly, etc). Pregnancy is a b*tch.

I'm going to book a dental appointment and get myself some Corsodyl, but please tell me I'm not the only one! Any other tips welcome.

Lovely topic, I know grin

ladymia Sun 18-Nov-12 23:47:34

i have had this on and off pretty much from the start (now 23 wks)

last week all week i woke up with blood in my mouth, yuck smile

but i have had hardly any other symptoms except for this, food aversions and a bad taste in my mouth from about 8 - 18 weeks so not too bad really for me

jinglesticks Mon 19-Nov-12 12:34:41

Yes I've had this, I think it is common. I flossed twice a day for a week and it stopped. Dentist said it was important to try to stop the bleeding as it can cause gum damage.

TwitchyTail Mon 19-Nov-12 18:42:45

Oh good, I have company!

Ladymia - if only that was the only symptom I had... Lucky you!

Thanks Jinglesticks, I'll try the twice-daily flossing. Booked to see the dentist next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now