Talk

Advanced search

MW check

(3 Posts)
Kafri Sun 18-Nov-12 20:05:01

Been to see a MW today and she told me the following.

BP 133/74 (slightly high) (has been dancing about for the last 4/5 weeks or so)
Urine sample showed +protein and +leucocytes (she has sent it away to check for infection)

Should I be worried about pre-eclampsia? She didn't mention anything about it but I know it manifests with raised BP, Protein in urine and swelling (which i've had in feet and occasionally hands, and have previously told MW)

bangersmashandbeans Sun 18-Nov-12 20:17:17

My MW told me that if you have those 3 symptoms then yes they will look to treat you for PE. However, I didn't know this in my first pregnancy and wasn't told until my 6 week post birth check with my GP that I had PE in my last few weeks (was induced at 38 weeks due to other complications). At no stage did anyone mention PE and I had BP of 145/95 and unbelievable swelling! Might be worth you mentioning it her rather than editing for her to say something.

Kafri Sun 18-Nov-12 20:23:32

I feel a bit daft questioning a MW - kind of like its her job to mention it to me as it were. Its not helping me that she said I would get a letter if anything came back in my Urine sample. Now, she said the same thing when they tested my blood for iron absorption but i got a call 2 days later saying everything was fine and then a letter 2 weeks later saying it wasn't and they wanted me to take ferrus sulphate tablets. Surely, even if its only a water infection, I don't want to be waiting 2 weeks for a letter telling me so??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now