Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Very watery discharge

(4 Posts)
chezziejo Sat 17-Nov-12 10:43:04

I'm sorry if this is far tmi. I'm currently 39+1 and the last two weeks have been leaking a clear fluid. It looks a bit like discharge as its slightly viscous (sorry) I went to labour ward to have it checked last week who said they didn't think it was slow leak of waters and probably just a discharge. Is it normal to get this in the latter stages of pregnancy? I lost the plug slowly nearly two weeks ago and head been engaged over a week. Just wonders if anybody else had had it.

Thanks

BionicEmu Sat 17-Nov-12 18:49:15

I had this in my last pregnancy! I had a show, then the odd bout of on-off contractions for about a week. Then I started getting tons of that weird watery discharge. It was ridiculous, I had to wear a pad and every time I went to the loo there was masses of it. About 2 days after I started getting it DS was born. The MWs had no idea what it was either, as I'd already very obviously lost my mucous plug. It wasn't my waters either, as they were fully intact when I.was examined in labour at 7cm dilated. In fact, the doctor then broke my waters.

So I can't help you with what it is, but I did have it too!

chezziejo Sat 17-Nov-12 20:37:31

Sorry you had to it too, but kind of relieved as well. They pretty sure my waters are intact and have been getting tightenings but only notice really when I'm sat quietly. Baby moving well tho so just a waiting game.

Sushka Sat 17-Nov-12 21:14:27

Had similar thing at 39+5, thought waters leaking, went to the hospital for check up and they said it was thrush! Got the treatment straight away as thrush is not good for the baby...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now