Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second baby - no movement 17 weeks

(10 Posts)
Mylittlepuds Sat 17-Nov-12 10:41:57

I'm a bit worried. I've felt nada! Felt DS move at 19 weeks and everything I've read says I should have felt DC2 by now. I also feel like the least pregnant woman ever!

Doogle2 Sat 17-Nov-12 10:44:26

If you are worried pop to the doctors or midwife. I did this as I was worried and they checked the heartbeat to put my mind at rest. Good luck.

Marrow Sat 17-Nov-12 10:45:04

I think it is quite normal at this stage. I didn't feel either of mine until past 20 weeks. The position of baby and placenta will have a bearing on how early you can feel movements.

sleepyhead Sat 17-Nov-12 12:29:59

17 weeks is early even for a second/more baby. I know lots of people do feel something around then or earlier, but it's totally normal not to.

Could be placenta position, could just be the way the baby's lying, could be that the baby's moving most while you're asleep or busy and it's too little for you to notice yet.

I'm 19.4 with no2 and have been feeling movement for just over a week, but it's by no means regular and I've only been absolutely sure it wasn't wind for the last few days.

MoragG Sat 17-Nov-12 14:26:16

Currently 38 weeks with DD2 and it was 18 weeks before I felt any movements. Was at least 22 or so with DD1. It varies so much from person to person.

floatyjosmum Sat 17-Nov-12 17:10:27

i cant remember how far i was with dc2 but im now pg with dc3 and felt some movement at 17 weeks but it was def not regular and was only if i was on my side and curled up! im now 18+5 and its still not regular or probably even every day I wouldnt worry about it

BuntyCollocks Sat 17-Nov-12 17:28:37

You could have an anterior placenta.

ZuleikaD Sat 17-Nov-12 17:30:07

I've never felt any of mine before 20 weeks.

GoldenGreen Sat 17-Nov-12 17:32:43

I didn't feel dc2 any earlier than I felt dc1, despite the fact that I weighed less than I did the first time, and dc2 was much bigger than dc1! No anterior placenta, either. It's not too early for the mw to have a go at listening in though, is it? You could ask.

cupofteaplease Sat 17-Nov-12 17:38:16

I didn't feel my dd3 move, at all really, even at 36 weeks pregnant. Unfortunately, there was a very sad reason why I didn't feel her move. Therefore, with any subsequent pregnancy I wouldn't think twice about approaching the midwife and asking for advice, even from 17 weeks. I know with dd2 I was feeling from about 16 weeks and about 18 with dd1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now