Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does anyone *not* need to pee all the time?

(16 Posts)
12ylnon Fri 16-Nov-12 23:54:58

I've been obsessing slightly about my lack of urination. I'm 12 weeks on sunday and starting to show, had lots of awful symptoms too.
It's not that i'm not peeing at all, just no more than usual. Is that normal or should i be worried?

forgetmenots Sat 17-Nov-12 00:09:18

I haven't been peeing all the time. I'm 10+3, had a scan tonight and was told baby's positioned quite far away from my bladder, so no real pressure there yet! Don't worry, completely normal I am told. I was stressed about that one too.

Lora1982 Sat 17-Nov-12 03:53:47

ive never had to until literally yesterday. im 33 wks now and i should of touched wood when i was showing off about my lack of night loo breaks

rosieposey Sat 17-Nov-12 04:01:33

Be careful what you wish for ... I was fine at your stage and slept right through, now however after getting up for my 4th wee of the night (am 35 weeks tomorrow) I now can't get back to sleep and DH is snoring...

RPosieB Sat 17-Nov-12 06:22:25

I pee ALL the time so enjoy it while it lasts!
ps Hi Rosieposey! My RPosie stands for Rosieposie too!

feesh Sat 17-Nov-12 06:47:45

My cast iron bladder is still going strong at 34 weeks weeks with twins! No night time pees at all for me, and I can hold it in for hours when I need to.

However I have now ended up with a UTI so I can recommend at least trying to go every now and then, rather than waiting till you're desperate like I do!

Einsty Sat 17-Nov-12 06:59:24

I am 40+3 an am lucky if I go half an hour without needing the toilet again

Crumm24 Sat 17-Nov-12 08:00:33

34+5 and barely up once a night. However, baby is breech and so it's only occasional feet that put pressure on my bladder. I wouldn't worry about not needing to go all the time, especially at your stage as your uterus is expanding upwards, giving the baby more room to wriggle about and change position, so they're not always leaning on your bladder...enjoy it whilst it lasts!

GrandPoohBah Sat 17-Nov-12 08:41:16

I'm 38+2, and I'm only getting up once in the night to wee. Having said that, I did have a Bladder of Steel before getting pregnant so I suspect that has some effect.

Jakeyblueblue Sat 17-Nov-12 08:57:33

I didn't have it all with my pregnancy with ds. Not even when I was huge at the end smile

floatyjosmum Sat 17-Nov-12 11:02:18

I'm 18+5 and not having to go more than usual but when I need to go I need to go

Sproglet Sat 17-Nov-12 11:45:40

I never did early on...as for 36weeks onwards that is a different story now that the head is engaged !!!

elmo1983 Sat 17-Nov-12 12:39:11

as per my other thread! have minimal symptoms - no ms, no peeing, no food aversion - feel normal as bar sore nipples! wink - hoping all ok xx

mrsbugsywugsy Sat 17-Nov-12 12:46:24

Are you drinking enough water? If your urine is a darker colour than normal then it might be that you need to drink more.

Clarella Sat 17-Nov-12 14:24:43

38+5 and only had the odd day or night where i urgently need to pee - slightly more now baby has dropped sometimes but tbh in terms of frequency not much difference to non pregnancy!

Clarella Sat 17-Nov-12 14:25:46

And i obsessively watch urine colour.... i have a teachers bladder mind. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now