Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

twinges in lower back/bum with back to back baby 37 weeks....sign?

(2 Posts)
whatdoithinknow Fri 16-Nov-12 11:52:33

Just wondering whether these pains mean anything or if its just baby pressing on a nerve?

Also is baby likely to turn around in labour or will i be labouring back to back most likely now?(I've heard this is more painful)....
Any experiences greatly appreciated smile

Rockchick1984 Fri 16-Nov-12 14:27:50

More likely to be general end of pregnancy aches I think! No idea about how likely it is that baby will turn although if you google you will find ways to encourage it to turn - hands and knees seems to be a popular one!

I had an in diagnosed back to back baby when I had DS, and although it's my only experience of labour it doesn't feel like it was any more painful than friend's have described their labours as being. The main difference was that I didn't experience separate contractions it was a constant level of pain (felt like incredibly explosive diarrhoea pains) which was tough at first as I expected pain in waves. This apparently happens with a lot of back to back labours but not all.

I coped on gas and air despite normally having a very low pain threshold but I think it helped that I had a relatively short labour (under 10 hours from first twinge to first breastfeed grin )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now