Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

31 weeks,vomiting and cramps

(5 Posts)
ghoulelocks Fri 16-Nov-12 10:08:44

Yesterday I had a few braxton hicks, before I was unwell. About 9pm I started vomiting on and off through the night until now. A few tightenings along with a feeling of cramps in low stomach and back, which could be trapped wind/ constipation?

I feel awful, struggle to stand. It's not my first and I had no stomach bugs before during pregnacy, though there are loads going round the school where I work. I didn't sleep for sqwirming/ vomiting last night.

Where's the line between very painful sickness bug or problems? I have no headache, swelling, pain under ribs etc and bp has been 100/70 at peak. All the pain is in my lower back and very low.

ginny84 Fri 16-Nov-12 12:48:57

Hi,

I have had very similar. I'm 31 weeks as well. Yesterday at work I started getting cramps and felt sick. When I got home I was then quite violently sick. At this point I knew it was a sickness bug as my step son had had it two days ago. I rang the midwife anyway due to the stomach cramps. She said she thought they were most likely just part of the bug but to call back if they became regular. I was sick a few more times last night, couldn't even keep water down, but so far am feeling a little better today.

If you are concerned give the midwife a call.

ghoulelocks Sun 18-Nov-12 20:32:17

I ummed and ahhed about phoning the midwife, she suggested triage for 'reassurance'. I went thinking I'd be in and out pretty quick.

From there it went a little mad. I bled when examined, had a pulse of 132 and 4+ ketones in urine and showed possible contractions on monitor.

SkinnyMarinkADink Sun 18-Nov-12 21:32:50

How are you doing op?

ghoulelocks Mon 19-Nov-12 10:08:21

I'm alright now, but it's worth others knowing how easily you can be dehydrated when pregnant.

I was vomiting only from the night before, I was admitted to labour ward with cramps. It took 3 days, drinking 8 litres and 7 IV drips to get my pulse down and my ketones to 1.5 to be released.

So if you are being sick, even if you REALLY think you can't face it, shove that water down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now