Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

False Positive???

(10 Posts)
lovemybabyboy Thu 15-Nov-12 11:30:42

Hi all,
I POAS and got a dark positive result a few days ago which would make me 5+5wks today, the thing is besides my period being late and getting a positive result I do not feel pregnant at all! I have 2 DC already and at this stage when pregnant with them I "felt" pregnant!!
So I was wondering whether you can get a false positive? I am starting to think I am not reeally pregnant? (I think also am in denial as this was totally unplanned!)
Anyone have ay advice? I have not been to GP/Midwife or havent made an appointment because I am not convinced that I am really pregnant! (I know I probably sound a bit mad!)
Please help!

sundaesundae Thu 15-Nov-12 11:32:41

Sounds unlikely.... a lot of people are symptomless that early. Do a CB digital?

Flimflammery Thu 15-Nov-12 11:35:05

There's only one answer to this one: do another test.

lovemybabyboy Thu 15-Nov-12 11:41:55

Yes think I will have to get a CB digital today! I am just so scared as I have just returned to work a month ago from MAT leave!! so I suppose I am kind of ignoring the fact that this might really be happening....but I know I will have to face up to it! Thank you both.

Jojay Thu 15-Nov-12 11:47:16

I think false positives are very very rare. Def do another test.

ditsydoll Thu 15-Nov-12 12:42:08

I was utterly in disbelief when I got my BFP a few months ago. DH and I had been trying for quite a while and when I saw the positive I was over the moon but didn't feel pregnant like I had with DD..

I started feeling really nauseous around 6-7 weeks, now into my second trimester and still feeling pretty yuk and starting to get abit of a tummy. Iv had 2 scans already and bump is doing well.

False positive are usually misread tests, so is say if you had a strong plus sign then you ARE pregnant.

Congratulations x

worsestershiresauce Thu 15-Nov-12 13:11:55

I'd say you are pregnant, but do another test to put your mind at rest. Aside from a stonking great bump and some internal kicking I don't have any symptoms either. Lots of people don't.

BonaDea Thu 15-Nov-12 13:17:00

I'm 20 weeks and have not had a single day of morning sickness or nausea, no sore boobs and only v vague other symptoms throughought. Do another test, but I think false positives are rare.

It seems congratulations are in order grin

xnancyx Thu 15-Nov-12 22:18:14

I'm defo not an expert but when I got my BFP, which was totally, totally unplanned I was convinced it couldn't be right. I got my tests from the 99p Store so used that as my excuse that it couldn't be right! But of course it was.
If you do another test it might help you take it in more? I didn't realise I was pregnant until I was 7 weeks so I didn't have any symptoms when I was at your stage.
Just my view but you already have 2DC so you have much more experience than me.
xxx

Jojay Sat 17-Nov-12 12:11:24

Well? Did you do another test?? Don't keep us in suspense grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now