Talk

Advanced search

Brown tinged CM at 9w 4d - panicking a little

(5 Posts)
CollectorOfCookbooks Wed 14-Nov-12 19:26:46

Sorry for TMI.

Have quite a lot of CM at present, and it's suddenly turned brownish. Not bleeding, but enough for me to feel the CM like the start of a period if you know what I mean.

Not sure whether to call midwife or NHS or if that's way overkill - I mean, there really isn't much when I wipe, it's the colour which is alarming me. DH is away with work, and I suppose I have been doing a bit too much, and I've had a horrid cold which hasn't helped.

Any advice? I just want to cry, which isn't going to help but might make me feel a bit better.

usernamegoeshere Wed 14-Nov-12 21:15:55

Aw I've had it on & off since about 4 weeks, now 18 weeks, I still scare myself silly when it happens but I think in my case its just my cervix reacting to the nasty hormones probably the same ones that make me cry all the time...

Phone & report it, but I wouldn't panic.

Glup Wed 14-Nov-12 22:22:16

I had that at about the same stage. Erm, it was a sign of what was to come with the rest of the pregnancy. I bled throughout....which was a nightmare when you're rhesus negative (not fun for anybody, really).

It could be something more serious, but fingers crossed it's not. xxxx

tip: go to the hospital and cry. I did that on several occasions when I had random bleeding and I always got a bonus scan. This worked at three different hospitals (getting flashbacks to the horror of that pregnancy. Wondering why I'm doing it again).

CollectorOfCookbooks Thu 15-Nov-12 06:28:43

Ended up phoning in, Midwife rang back and was great, very reassuring, and she thinks it sounds like old blood coming away from cervical erosion. Said to keep an eye on it and if it gets any worse then to call back or go in to EPU and that I should take things a bit easier.

Thanks User. Managed to get some sleep and whilst the niggles are still there the bleeding has eased off. Glup, I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is it - sorry to hear of your experience.

Fairy130389 Thu 15-Nov-12 10:33:01

I had this a couple of weeks ago, at 7w4d.
I freaked out and phoned NHS direct, who were great, I went to my GP the next day and got an early scan and all was fine.
I'm sure it is completely normal but it might put your mind at rest to have a scan?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now