Talk

Advanced search

The wind! Oh god, the wind!

(12 Posts)
Dandelion75 Wed 14-Nov-12 19:02:01

Am 20 weeks gone and am so windy it's beyond a flipping joke. Farting constantly and loudly, and endless little burps too. Only a matter of time before there is a very embarrassing 'release' in the office.

Is there anything that can be done? Or do I (am my long suffering DP) just have to grin and bear it?

Bellaboo123 Wed 14-Nov-12 19:34:21

You are not alone!

I was in Zara and bent down to pick something up and a really loud fart popped out...so humiliating! DP just looked at me horrified...I then nearly wet myself laughing!!!

Oh the joys of pregnancy!!! grin

Dandelion75 Wed 14-Nov-12 19:40:42

Thanks for sharing bella - that has made me feel a lot better grin

Fortunately I have managed to contain it when out in public just about, but only by avoiding bending over and any sudden movements smile

plonko Wed 14-Nov-12 19:43:22

Every day when I leave work I feel blessed not to have to use public transport. I manage to erm, maintain my dignity whilst at work, but the moment I get in my car I have to relax.

Bella you might just be my hero.

3rdtimelucky73 Wed 14-Nov-12 19:57:12

I have been like this from about 4 weeks!

Twice last week I was sat in rows at music/comedy things and the build up was terrible! (both times farted the whole walk back to the car about 10/15 mins!)

Dandelion75 Wed 14-Nov-12 20:30:04

I know what you mean about having to sit for a while 3rd - I was willing Skyfall to just hurry up and finish last week so I could get in my car and let it out!

So am guessing there are no solutions, and me and DP (and unfortunately the general public blush) will just have to live with my extreme flatulence.....!

tasmaniandevilchaser Wed 14-Nov-12 20:33:03

I sympathise. I found certain foods really set me off. Crisps = Space shuttle launch. I'll say no more.

RightUpMyRue Wed 14-Nov-12 20:53:22

I remember from my first PG in the later weeks how violent (and foul!) the wind was. I would have to get out of bed because I'd gassed the room!

So far with this PG(20 weeks) I've been OK....there's still time though grin

TwinkleReturns Wed 14-Nov-12 20:57:01

Mint or better still peppermint can help speed the passage of wind and settle the stomach if you've got a lot of burping/heartburn. Peppermint tea is good but tbh sometimes just chewing gum/polos makes a difference.

AnyaKnowIt Wed 14-Nov-12 20:59:23

The only advice I can offer is open the window, or you could get a dog and blame it for the smell?

gemdrop84 Wed 14-Nov-12 21:14:11

ha ha Bella, I did the same in a small shop, was mortified! Am 31wks tomorrow and I've started farting as I walk along, like my grandma used to do blush Try to let a little out then it just continues and kind of powers me along sometimes grin

Pritchyx Wed 14-Nov-12 23:38:52

This happens too me!!! Im generally gassy but it's always burps! I don't fart unless a number 2 is due (which is very rare) so I was doing non-smelly, quiet ones that only I could hear (thank god!) as everyone in my office would look at me so awkwardly if it was loud or smelt! Safe to say I didn't end up in the toilets at work hiding smile so was a relief to say the least! I fear for everyone if it was a stinky one though! We have no windows in my office!
The joys of working with a pregnant lady!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now