Talk

Advanced search

Stretchmarks / When & Where?

(15 Posts)
ladymia Wed 14-Nov-12 15:15:55

If you got them in your first pregnancy.

When did they first appear?

and;

Where?

Also were you using anything to prevent them from happening?

I know, i know there is nothing you can do but just out of interest!

CailinDana Wed 14-Nov-12 15:18:22

My buggering fecking arseholes of stretchmarks didn't appear until I was 39 weeks! I was all smug, thinking "Oh look at my lovely line-free belly" then wonderful DS decided to turn from his side to his front (which incidentally is the best way to be for the birth so I REALLY shouldn't complain) and bam! roadmap overnight. Wah!

ladymia Wed 14-Nov-12 15:19:25

Wah indeed!! sad

kellestar Wed 14-Nov-12 15:32:01

I was overweight and had stretch marks from puberty, I lost a couple of stones before becoming pregnant, so didn't really get any new ones as such.

17+5 with DC2 and bump is in a different location, a few of my old stretchmarks are feeling the strain. I think I'm going to get some new ones too, I feel taut in different areas.

A good friend had no stretch marks at all [even from puberty] but her skin started showing stretchmarks from 18 weeks. Boobs, lower abdomen radiating upwards, radiating out from her belly button, hips, backside and thighs. She tried everything on the market to stop them, no such luck. They did look angry quite a while after birth, she's now been using bio oil for the last 6 months and they are fading now [whether that is natural or the bio oil, who knows]. She's not so worried about the actual marks, however she found the discomfort of the stretching quite annoying.

SpottyTeacakes Wed 14-Nov-12 15:33:32

36 weeks with dd. this time my old ones are now red again and really, really painful at 34 weeks. Lots of people's only appear after the birth...

sundaesundae Wed 14-Nov-12 15:35:54

There is nothing you can do, everyone is different and it is genetic whether you will get them. They will fade in time, moisturising will help your skin in general, but stretchmarks occur deep down so it won't do much for them.

I haven't got any yet, but have old ones on my boobs and tummy from weight yoyoing.

ditsydoll Wed 14-Nov-12 21:58:41

I didn't have a stretch mark anywhere until I went 40 +3 with DD I went to 40 +8 and had two patches (kind of like claw marks) on my stomach and a few on my back.

Rockchick1984 Wed 14-Nov-12 22:06:16

They appeared at the top of my thighs and stomach about a week after giving birth sad

Glup Wed 14-Nov-12 22:10:43

39 weeks. Stomach and boobs. I also thought I'd escaped.

I honestly can't work out how they'd test whether the creams work or not. I shall be using cocoa butter again this time, because (yeah, I know it might be coincidence) they only appeared when I got taken into hospital and I forgot my cream.

Dynababy Wed 14-Nov-12 22:24:59

Under bump circa 40 weeks!

NervousAt20 Wed 14-Nov-12 22:27:11

I was using palmers pregnancy stretch mark cream every day sometimes a couple of times a day and while I was pregnant I got a couple of my love handles and 2 down one side of my bump and then as soon as I had DD writhing days I was covered in them sad

BuntyCollocks Wed 14-Nov-12 22:32:54

Not a stretch mark until they pulled DS out (emcs). Then my stomach was a roadmap. 34 weeks just about with dd, and although I'm smaller bump wise, I can see pinkness at the end of two of the old stretch marks. No new ones (yet). But I've learned my lesson on smugness ;)

Fluffeh Thu 15-Nov-12 07:13:21

I'm 16+4 and found stretch marks on my boobs last night sad. Although I've always had tiny boobs (a cup) and they've exploded to a D cup already so I guess it was inevitable.
I use body butter daily but that doesn't seem to have prevented them sad.

GrandPoohBah Thu 15-Nov-12 09:58:03

Nothing new at 37+6 - I had stretch marks already from weight loss/gain, a couple of those round my hips seem to have flared up again but no new ones as yet <touches wood>.

Clarella Thu 15-Nov-12 15:37:27

Was about to smugly say 38+3 and nada, no bio oil just moisturiser, but theres obviously still plenty of time..... supposed to be genetics

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now