Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Getting worried about movements this morning

(8 Posts)
mmmnoodlesoup Wed 14-Nov-12 09:32:50

Hi all.

34 weeks. Woke up by cats at 6am and felt nothing, not a twitch until a tiny movement at 8.30am and then nothing again until just now (when writing this) as I drank a cold glass of water.

That's 2 movements in 3.5 hours. Could he be sleeping? I find it weird because he's usually awake in the morning and wakes me up and then moves loads when I have my cereal. But that strong movement I just had while writing this has reassured me a little. Do their sleep cycles change?

LaVitaBellissima Wed 14-Nov-12 09:34:42

If you have any worries at all, please call your midwife, it is probably nothing but you should definitely be monitored if movements have changed smile

mmmnoodlesoup Wed 14-Nov-12 09:36:30

Thank you LaVita, It's just everytime I start to worry he starts moving again so I'm reluctant to call

mmmnoodlesoup Wed 14-Nov-12 09:37:30

Now my belly is rock hard

LaVitaBellissima Wed 14-Nov-12 18:11:12

Sorry I've been out all day, hope everything is ok.

I would just go and get checked out, what harm can it do, best to be safe xxx

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Wed 14-Nov-12 18:28:43

From the advice I was reading the other day patterns of movement are more important than frequency of movement so if baby is not moving like normal then I agree with LaVita that it's a good idea to get checked out. It won't do any harm and will hopefully put your mind at rest.It's great that you've been feeling some movement though, very reassuring. Hope everything is ok.

Nicky1306 Wed 14-Nov-12 18:28:56

Hi, just wanted to also say if you are at all worried call the hosp and they will prob pop you on a monitor for a while , hope everything is ok x x

mmmnoodlesoup Wed 14-Nov-12 18:57:20

Hi, thanks for replies. I went for a walk shortly after and came home and he started moving around loads and very strong again. I guess his cycles are changing a bit. Will keep an eye out though. Thanks for support x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now