Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is something wrong? Strange symptoms at 7 wks

(8 Posts)
efme Wed 14-Nov-12 07:52:45

I have a very mild, dull pain across the bottom right side of my abdomen. Am 7 weeks pregnant and don't feel as tired or upset as I have previously. No bleeding or spotting so far, but I can't help feeling something's wrong. Should I go to the doctor?

I went through the symptom checker on NHS direct and they said I should go to A&E but for some reason that feels like overkill. This is my first pregnancy and I'm terrified of having a miscarriage. I can't even tell if I've made up the symptoms because this morning I was worried I wasn't feeling pregnant at all. Also, this sounds stupid but I just can't get out of work over the next few days - my boss has always slightly threatened me about getting pregnant ('we're a small company, can't guarantee to keep people on ...') so there's no way I want to let him know we're even trying, and we've got a huge deadline coming up on Tuesday so I'm due to work late and over the weekend until then.

I know this probably sounds mad and paranoid, but can anyone help?

chocolateteabag Wed 14-Nov-12 08:29:09

It could be just normal crampy pains as everything is starting to get moved and shifted as your pregnancy develops. But I would see if you can get your GP to call you so you can describe pain to them.
NHSOnline will assume the worst (ectopic probably) and if the pain starts to get any worse you MUST go to A&E.

But in all likelihood, it's probably just normal crampy ness - which work stresses won't help with - but just keep taking as much rest as you can and it will soon be Tuesday.

chocolateteabag Wed 14-Nov-12 08:33:23

I'm only 5 weeks pg currently but I did n't get any real MS with DS1 and apart from feeling tired don't have any yet with this one apart from the BFP

imtheonlyone Wed 14-Nov-12 08:34:26

Agree that it could well be just usual cramps associated with pregnancy. But keep an eye and go to a&e if it gets any worse.
Bit concerned about what you've said about your job really - sounds odd (and very illegal) to threaten you about getting pregnant and that you could well lose your job if you do! Keep an eye on that because they can't sack you for being pregnant - it's illegal!! Also, worried about the extra stress working late and over the weekend so try to rest as much as you can when you're not working and try not to get too stressed and it won't be good for you or baby.
Take care and good luck with the pregnancy!

efme Wed 14-Nov-12 08:38:33

thank you - yes, I am mainly really stressed and I'm sure that is the main problem. I think I will carry on for as long as I don't need painkillers, but then if it gets any worse I will go to the doctor/ A&E.

Thank's imtheonlyone - it's good to be reminded. My boss is a real (insert swear word)!

weeblueberry Wed 14-Nov-12 10:11:26

I had a very similar sensation at about 8 weeks. It was definitely more of a dull ache than a shooting pain and when I did some research here, the general consensus was that aching was pretty common because you're starting to 'expand' at that stage to make way for baby. smile Do you have an assigned midwife yet? Even if you don't, call your docs and ask them if you can have just a moment of a midwife's time - they won't mind at all.

PeshwariNaan Wed 14-Nov-12 11:23:13

I had something very similar early on (before 10 weeks I think). It was all located in my right side and felt like twinges/ crampy pains. I was extremely worried it meant the pregnancy was ectopic, but it wasn't. I think the baby just planted herself there and was establishing arteries, etc. If you think about all that's going on for you right now, you're going to have twinges!

That said, if you do have bleeding, do not hesitate to make a fuss and call your midwife.

katesav87 Wed 14-Nov-12 11:49:44

Hi I had the same at the same stage u r at. I was reasy worried as it was a dull ache and ended up in a and e! Got myself so worked up something was wrong but all was ok. Ur body's just stretching to make room for the baby, and mine was also wind sorry for to much info but I had trapped wind as I was constipated. I also think it was in my head as I was so scared of losing the baby as I had had 3 mc and 1 DD. hope it goes soon, just try rest and concentrate on work unless it gets worse then go to a and e. xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now