Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

clicking noise coming from inside bump, any one else had this??

(19 Posts)
terilou87 Tue 13-Nov-12 20:51:56

well iv heard it quite alot now. convinced myself that i was imagining it, or that it was my bones but im 100 percent certain now that it is coming from my bump. it sounds like when you click your finger bones, iv googled it and a few people have put their babys had clicky hip after being born and they heard the clicking noise while baby was inside utero. has any one else got any experience of this??

also i dont know very much about clicky hips in babies so any info i would be grateful smile

Marrow Tue 13-Nov-12 20:55:03

I had a clicky bump with DD and she is fine. No problems with her hips. My midwife thought I was mad when I told her I could hear clicks and made a joke about giving birth to a dolphin!

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Tue 13-Nov-12 20:56:14

It's hiccups! I was confused by it too. smile

Marrow Tue 13-Nov-12 20:59:00

No mine wasn't hiccups. Dd used to get those a lot and very different from the clicks which were quite loud.

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 13-Nov-12 21:03:45

Yes I've had this a few weeks ago- when I asked the Mw she did not know what I was talking about

ProcrastinatingPanda Tue 13-Nov-12 21:11:50

Your baby could just be a genius who is so advanced that it's learnt to click it's fingers to pass the time in-utero. Could you listen to see if there's a particular rhythm it follows?

terilou87 Tue 13-Nov-12 21:11:55

i read about it being hiccups but the click is quite loud. marrow was your dd ok or was there a problem like clicky hip. im 6 days over due now so ill find out if theres any probs with his hips quite soon. hmm how weird it seems alot of people get it.. this is my 4th and iv never heard it with any of my others.

pinkyp Tue 13-Nov-12 21:13:59

I had it with my 2nd, it was quite loud. Hips were fine.

terilou87 Tue 13-Nov-12 21:15:22

procrastinatingpanda lol you never know baby einstein grin deffo no rhythm its random loud clicks

ledkr Tue 13-Nov-12 21:15:31

Yes I had it with dd thought I was going bonkers till I looked on mn

topsmart Tue 13-Nov-12 21:17:16

I had this too!! With DD2, now 7 wks. Thought it was my imagination till DH heard it one night. Not hiccups. And no clicky hip.

terilou87 Tue 13-Nov-12 21:23:30

how weird. i really need to know what it is now, its going to bug me grin

terilou87 Tue 13-Nov-12 21:35:15

well just been looking it up on other forums and there is a few theorys, so far iv found. its babies joints preparing for birth, its the ligaments around the uterus stretching and making a pop noise, bubbles popping in amniotic fluid, and hiccups, oh well aslong as bub is ok i suppose.

abigboydidit Tue 13-Nov-12 21:41:46

I had it with DS & it was hiccups. Every night at between 10pm and 10.30pm without fail! He's 18 months now & still hiccup-ey!

Piffpaffpoff Tue 13-Nov-12 21:46:50

I had that with both, totally freaked me out!!! DS had to go for a hip scan after something was flagged at the newborn check and the DD had one automatically because DS had had one. Anyway, all fine with both.

Emsyboo Wed 14-Nov-12 15:31:36

I heard clicks with DS (now 22 months) it wast hiccups as I knew when he was hiccupping midwife thought I was mad too!
Born with no issues but had to be induced early with bleeds I assumed that he was kicking my placenta with may have caused clicks but i really didn't understand it then or now and that was just one of my theories We were both fine he has no clicky hips or problems even walked early so don't worry smile he is bright but no genius so wasn't clicking his fingers lol

Pregnant again and so far heard nothing good luck with your baby and congrats x x

MickeyTheShortOne Wed 14-Nov-12 19:10:42

funnily enough I had this earlier!! I thought I as going mad!!

Dynababy Wed 14-Nov-12 20:30:46

I had same, really load clear occasional click... Defo not hiccups as he hd those too and completely different. No clicky hips or hip issues after birth, DS is perfect.. Weird! I also googled a lot and it's a mystery really we can but guess what it is!

Dynababy Wed 14-Nov-12 20:31:04

Loud even!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now