Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Silly question about moses basket mattress please help?!

(5 Posts)
chocorocco Tue 13-Nov-12 20:40:24

I've just brought a new mattress for my 2nd hand basket. The basket originally came from toys r us so i went there for mattress, i was assured all mattress there fit their baskets so i happily got the £24.99 one.

When i got it home and tried it i found it seemed a little big around the edges, not massive but just made things wrinkle a bit.

Does this matter?

Also another question does the baby sleep on the pvc side or the quilted side??

I'm stressing out!!

vodkaanddietirnbru Tue 13-Nov-12 20:46:57

does it have a cover that attaches to the mattress? If so, the baby sleeps on the side that the cover is on. I suppose it is better for the mattress to be snug rather than have gaps that the baby could get wedged into.

Mampig Tue 13-Nov-12 20:48:16

Personally, if its not totally massive I would use it. Your baby won't be in it for very long anyway (weeks). Also, I think it's the PVC side as its easy to wipe if the baby is sick over it. That's assuming the baby is on his / her back. I wouldn't be happy using PVC side if baby is a tummy sleeper (as, shock, horror, some are!). Maybe contact toys r us for their recommendations? Hth!

vodkaanddietirnbru Tue 13-Nov-12 20:49:46

is it this one?. Baby sleeps on the side with the cover that can be removed and washed

chocorocco Tue 13-Nov-12 20:56:55

Thankyou all. Vodka its a bit bigger than the dimensions shown but think it's the same one.

Funny what i now spend my day panicking about smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now