Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really need some support - 29 weeks pregnant and relationship of nearly 7 years is over. How do I cope?

(8 Posts)
PipIsOutNow Tue 13-Nov-12 20:25:37

I'm completely devastated and worried that all the upset will somehow harm the baby. My life has literally fallen apart and I'm supposed to be trying to take it easy after getting pre eclampsia in my previous pregnancy. I'm devastated for my 2 year old ds as well. I can't see how I will ever get through this

AmandaCooper Tue 13-Nov-12 20:37:28

Oh god Pip do you want to tell us what's happened?

AmandaCooper Tue 13-Nov-12 20:37:59

<puts kettle on>

Pigsinblankets Tue 13-Nov-12 20:41:23

You poor thing, sending you a big hug. You will get through it because you're strong, even if you don't feel like it right now. X

beebee1978 Tue 13-Nov-12 21:02:49

My partner walked out when ds was 14 months old 7 months ago and I was beside myself. In fact I cried everyday and ended up with an auto immune skin disease for 4 months of it, which I think was down to stress of him leaving and the pain of that was actually worse than him leaving. im now in a non active phase and We are now working through are problems and I thought I maybe pregnant but did a test this morning panic stricken to find it was negative.
Just want to say your not alone,if I were pregnant I would of kept baby regardless of him and the uncertainty. You will find a way of coping, us women are stronger than we think.
Do you think there is a chance of working things out with him? Mine was adamant it was over for at least a couple of months.

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Tue 13-Nov-12 21:34:27

Gosh Pip you must be feeling so bad right now. I'm so sorry you are feeling this way.

It's not at all the same as your situation as me and ex-p weren't really together but when I was pregnant with DS (just over 6 years ago) my 'partner' decided he didn't want anything to do with me or baby. I was devasted and had no idea how I was going to cope. I ended up begging him to stay involved (which he eventually did) but with hindsight I was wrong about not being able to cope. When DS was born I was a single parent and ok it wasn't the easiest thing I ever did but also not the worst or hardest thing either. Now I am with a different partner and we have a DD and are expecting again in April. My point is that no matter how bad things are now this will pass and wonderful things can come from the rubble. In the meantime take care of yourself, DS and babyPip

terilou87 Tue 13-Nov-12 21:39:50

aww hun, how awful for you, not really got any advice iv never been in that situation, try and keep calm for yourself ds n baby. x

lotsofcheese Tue 13-Nov-12 21:51:29

Really sorry to hear you're going through this Pip.

If you want to ask MNHQ to move this thread to relationships, you'll get good support there.

Please take care of yourself, as much as you can. I hope you have RL support?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now