Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

when to go doctors

(5 Posts)
amie1979 Tue 13-Nov-12 20:16:47

hi all i have just found out i am pregnant i think 5 weeks but i am on alot of medication for a spinal problem. When is best for me to go doctors this is my 3rd baby but i dont want to ring doctors and sound concerned when i dont need to be. It has been 4yrs since my last child and forgot when i went doctors

Flisspaps Tue 13-Nov-12 20:17:23

Congratulations

Given that you're on meds, I'd phone ASAP just to make them aware.

TwitchyTail Tue 13-Nov-12 20:53:09

Go straight away (ie this week) - your medication may need to be altered depending on its safety in pregnancy, and it's most critical at the earlier stages so don't leave it.

I went at 4+2 grin and GP didn't bat an eyelid - just congratulated me, checked I wasn't on any medication I shouldn't be, advised folic acid etc. She referred me for the booking appointment then and there, then I sat back and waited for a couple of months for things to really start happening.

BionicEmu Wed 14-Nov-12 09:22:58

I was on a lot of medication for a spinal problem and mental health issues too. I just rang my doctor the day after I got a positive pregnancy test & he was more than happy to give me advice over the phone.

amie1979 Wed 14-Nov-12 21:10:47

well iv been doctors and he is sending me for a scan and wants me 2 see the midwife before the 8 weeks but done a cb test today and its saying im more than 5 weeks so fingers cross everything will be ok thanks everybody for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now