Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

cysts on ovaries

(15 Posts)
stephbecominglittler Tue 13-Nov-12 19:07:14

can cysts on ovaries cause me to mc or not be able to conceive ??

SecretSparkle Tue 13-Nov-12 20:13:31

They can BUT they don't always!! I was diagnosed with PCOS after a scan showed both ovaries covered in cysts!! That was about 10 weeks ago, but I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant!!

stephbecominglittler Tue 13-Nov-12 21:04:48

ok cheers about a yr n a half ago i had a scan and had one on my ovary only one tho x

DawnOfTheDee Tue 13-Nov-12 21:07:09

I recently had a cyst on one of my ovaries removed. It was 8cm.

Doctors originally spotted it while performing c-section for DD.

terilou87 Tue 13-Nov-12 21:48:32

i had a cyst on my ovary when i was 7 week pregnant and it went on its own the nurse i saw said that when you release an egg it can cause a cyst to form so they can be a normal part of ovulation she wasnt concerned about m/c because of it.
a friend of mine was diagnosed with pcos and told very unlikely she would conceive naturally shes just had her third child. but i think pcos can have a big effect on fertility.

SoYo Tue 13-Nov-12 21:54:46

How big was the cyst and was it a simple cyst, haemorrhagic or a dermoid?

bitsofmeworkjustfine Tue 13-Nov-12 21:56:43

i have pcos and it did affect my fertility however i had IVF and now have a lovely 8 yr old

stephbecominglittler Wed 14-Nov-12 10:45:42

ive been pregnant twice since it and dnt think it was very big x x

SecretSparkle Wed 14-Nov-12 10:47:29

I think if you are conceiving then it isnt affecting you fertility. There may be another issue that may be causing you to miscarry.
Have you spoken to your GP?

stephbecominglittler Wed 14-Nov-12 11:18:22

i am going to hun x

Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Wed 14-Nov-12 11:22:19

I was told most women over 30 will have some cysts, it shouldn't cause problems on its own.

... Was not sure if I should believe this or not! But 2 gynaecologists told me

LittlemissChristmas Wed 14-Nov-12 11:24:28

I have a couple of 4cm cysts on one overt and tiny one on the other. I'm seeing a consultant at hosp at a recurrent mc clinic and she says at that size they are completely normal and should disappear on their own.

stephbecominglittler Wed 14-Nov-12 14:34:57

im only 21 and i feel about 60 :-( very mature for my age own house own car a brill job getting married and the only thing i want is to extend my family i feel.like an absolute failure :'(

SecretSparkle Thu 15-Nov-12 06:36:27

steph try not to put too much pressure on yourself (easier said than done) I do know how you feel although I'm a tad older than you! When you want something so bad and can't is the worst feeling in the world.

Get yourself to your GP, talk to the cyst, they may want to rescan you, some cysts disappear on there own, some can alter so it's important to know what's going on! And also discuss trying to conceive and your miscarriages, they'll probably refer you for blood tests etc and then discuss your options

SoYo Thu 15-Nov-12 18:08:16

Simple cysts less than 5cm don't need any further treatment, just go on their own and aren't going to cause you to have fertility problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now