Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Suddenly terrified

(3 Posts)
WhatsTheBuzz Tue 13-Nov-12 18:26:38

I'm about 36w with DC3. I've developed, in the past few weeks, a real terror of labour. I've been awake for hours in the night thinking about it and the thought has made me cry (although, many things do at the moment hmm). Why am I suddenly so scared when I've done it twice before? I'm worried I'll have a panic attack during! How do I keep calm??! And what happens if my waters break on the (30minute walk to) school run? sad

Dolallytats Tue 13-Nov-12 19:34:58

I'm almost in the same position. I am only 4+6 weeks pregnant with No3, and the thought of labour really scares me. I'm not sure what you can do about it, do you think talking to your midwife would help?

As for the waters breaking, could you make sure you have a local cab number on your phone and enough money for the fare tucked in the back of your purse?

When it comes down to it, you have done this twice already and (because you haven't said otherwise) you were fine. Good luck.

wifey6 Wed 14-Nov-12 08:02:31

WhatsTheBuzz....my advice would be to talk to your midwife & write out a birthing plan. They don't always go to plan obviously but it gives you some control over what you would like to do/have & what you don't.
I found with my DS1 that it really calmed me to have a plan in place so the midwives knew my wishes.
Mine luckily did go to plan...& I was able to remain very relaxed as all midwives & my DH knew my fears/birthing positions I could/couldn't do/pain relief & that I wanted to have a water birth.
The control freak in me found it reassuring.
Don't be afraid to share your fears with your midwife or your DH or birth partner.
Wishing you well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now