Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How much Gaviscon is too much Gaviscon?!

(3 Posts)
Lifeonthecanal Tue 13-Nov-12 17:03:35

I am 35 weeks pregnant and have the worst heartburn. I am fine until about 4pm and then it starts. Today I was at the park with DD and thought I wouldn't be able to make it home. Once I take it I am fine for an hour and then in agony again. Once I go to bed I'm fine. Is anyone else in this situation? I wonder if I need something stronger?

elspartacus Tue 13-Nov-12 17:20:13

I had awful reflux from very early on in first pregnancy, and found gaviscon advance tablets helpful (got on prescription). Managed not to need stronger stuff then, but it sounds like you probably do! Definitely see your GP.
On a lighter note, I heard you can take masses of gaviscon without doing yourself any harm, but if your poo goes white you may be overdoing it!

lookingfoxy Tue 13-Nov-12 18:15:25

I had terrible heartburn with 1st pregnancy, I always had a bottle of gaviscon with me and just used to swig it, got through loads of it and never had any ill effects (didn't really help the heartburn either)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now