Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else about 6 weeks...when do symptoms kick in?

(10 Posts)
Scraggyspanner Tue 13-Nov-12 09:49:20

Hello all,

I'm 6 weeks today and don't really have any symptoms. I have occasionally felt a slight nausea but not much else.

I've also had some pink spotting/discharge (tmi) for about the last week or so on and off. Anyone else?

Thanks.

chocolateteabag Tue 13-Nov-12 10:27:11

Hi Scraggy and congratulations.
With DS I only ever had a couple of days of feeling sick in the first trimester and apart from the BFP, didn't "feel" pregnant til I had my first scan. Not everyone feels sick so I wouldn't worry about it (as much as you can anyway)

However I'm now 4+6 with No 2 and feel shattered tired and have the odd achey crampy feeling.

I had brown & pinky spotting and discharge at 5-6 weeks too - very normal - but if you get any red that isn't obviously AF starting (ie MC sad) then give your surgery or Early Pregnancy Unit (EPU) a call. They may want to give you an early scan just to check everything is ok

The wait to 12 weeks is agony!

MrFranklyShankly Tue 13-Nov-12 10:31:43

Hi scraggy im 7 weeks today and hvent had many symptoms either actually i hd none at all up untill a day last wk and then some nausea & tirdness kicked in ive also hd spotting and hd very heavy bleed at the w/end but got a scan at early pregnancy unit and all seems fine....hve u been to ur gp or culd you get an early scan just to put ur mind at ease...hopefully youll just hve a nice easy pregnancy :-)

terilou87 Tue 13-Nov-12 10:35:50

congrats, i only ever had pregnancy symptoms with my boys other than getting a bump with my girls i had nothing so it depends on your pregnancy if you get any symptoms at all. smile

Dolallytats Tue 13-Nov-12 10:39:57

Hi Scraggy, I am 4+6 with no3 and have heartburn from hell, tender boobs, headaches, am shattered and feel nauseous....and am very, very grumpy and snappy!! I am agoraphobic and although I already am anxious because of this, my anxiety levels have gone through the roof.

With no1, I had nothing at all.
With no2, I had a bit of nausea and in the last trimester horrendous heartburn kicked in.

I can safely say, this is my last pregnancy!!

efme Tue 13-Nov-12 10:51:45

I am 7 weeks and I feel dog tired. I have never felt this tired. So unbelievably tired. And my boobs are massive, and I am currently being a nightmare to everyone who talks to me (DH said 'this means no more periods!' when I told him I was pregnant. Could that be the most infuriating thing anyone has ever said in response to the news? I'm STILL angry at him about it!)

Worst thing so far is not being able to exercise at full tilt because 1) too knackered and 2) consumed by fear that I will do something to harm the baby. Actually, the fear could be the worst part. Fear of everything. All consuming never ending fear. And tiredness.

shelley72 Tue 13-Nov-12 10:58:48

I am 6 wks today too op. The only symptoms I have occasionally is dizziness and feeling generally worn out, though I have had a cold for a couple of weeks too. Its hard not to worry that everything is ok, and it seems a long wait until the first scan doesn't it.I do however have a huge tummy and feel very fat.I don't think lack of symptoms is necessarily a cause for worry..

Dolallytats Tue 13-Nov-12 11:04:39

Oh yes Shelley, I forgot about the dizziness!! Only another 35 weeks to go!!grin......just in case my moaning is misinterpreted, I really AM happy and can't wait for July!! (Cacking myself about doing the whole labour thing again though!!)

Nexus6 Tue 13-Nov-12 13:11:54

I'm around 5 weeks and I feel pretty rough.. I've only told a select number of people because its so early and we have been trying for ten months. I feel like I'm pretty dizzy and tired already!

Jenjen85 Tue 13-Nov-12 15:53:45

Hi scraggy im 6+2 and so far i have had the following symptoms on and off
nausea - but never sick, sore boobs/nipples, cramping, moody, tteary, gone off food, tiredness - been in bed and asleep by 9.30pm every night and feeling bloated - had to undo my pant a couple of days under my top lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now