Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hot flushes

(5 Posts)
ReindeerBollocks Mon 12-Nov-12 20:15:05

I am newly pregnant (think about five/six weeks but can't be certain) and I keep having hot flushes.

I am normally a frozen to the core kind of person, but in the last few days I am sweltering. I am currently wanting to go without a coat as I get far too hot on the school run - and I look like a tomato with a red face, not a good look.

Anyone else experienced this? And is there anything I can do about it?

BuntyCollocks Mon 12-Nov-12 20:50:30

Still experiencing it at 33+3! I'm usually frozen as well. It's horrid. I'm sweating constantly. Nothing to be done I'm afraid. Natural fabrics and a good deodorant.

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Mon 12-Nov-12 20:58:10

Yep. I'm in Sweden (ie it really is bloody freezing) and all the heating is turned off and my poor husband is sat working on the computer wearing his coat and a hat grin

ReindeerBollocks Mon 12-Nov-12 21:23:04

grin glad to hear its not just me, not so glad to hear it won't end any time soon. I will be due in July, and if I'm baking now I dread to think what I'll be like at term!

I might take out shares in ice lollies, think it will be profitable over the next few months.

Secondsop Tue 13-Nov-12 07:09:06

I had it a lot for probably the first half of the pregnancy at least. There isnt really anything you can do about it apart from: wear layers, have drinks etc handy, and try to make others adapt to you (eg my mum came to stay for a while and she was always cold in my house and wanted the heating on all the time whilst I felt like I was burning up! But I didn't have the heart to tell her not to, which I now do regret a bit).

After a while I sort of made peace with them and saw them as a welcome sign of my body "doing hormonal things" which I chose to interpret as the pregnancy doing ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now