Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can they tell the sex at 30 weeks?

(18 Posts)
Numbthumbs Mon 12-Nov-12 19:22:15

Just that really!
Got a scan tomorrow (checking this baby doesnt have a condition DD does so obviously that is the purpose and most important reason for the scan) and im going on my own. DP doesnt want to know sex so we didnt ask at 20 weeks but i am itching to know now......is 30 weeks too late?

Thanks

xmasevebundle Mon 12-Nov-12 19:27:33

Yes of course! You can find out at roughly 16weeks the sex.

You will either see a willy or not cleary now! As they will be a lot bigger grin

xmasevebundle Mon 12-Nov-12 19:28:29

I had mine at 20weeks and its 100% a boy lol, you could see his... and he was playing with it.

Enjoy the scan and i hope all goes well.

Shybairns Mon 12-Nov-12 19:30:44

Some times baby can be facing away or crosing there legs.
But you'd be unlucky if that was the case though.

looneytune Mon 12-Nov-12 19:31:41

Not too late at all. I had a scan at 40 weeks due to sizing issues and you could see a monster of a willy and 2 balls, was frightening how close up it was!! grin I'm not sure if it depends on the position the baby is in at that stage?

JustFabulous Mon 12-Nov-12 19:33:59

Is your partner okay about you finding out and him not?

SauvignonBlanche Mon 12-Nov-12 19:36:46

At 36 weeks the sonographer said, "well you won't want to know the sex at this stage", their attitude annoyed me so much I said "yes I do", even though before then I hadn't wanted to know!

Numbthumbs Mon 12-Nov-12 19:37:27

Thanks for the replies, im kind of hoping its a girl now so i dont see monster balls!! Thats if im even brave enought to ask.

JustFabulous im going to keep it my little mommy secret just between me and baby, no-one will never know i found out but hes so laid back hes horizontal so he defintately wouldnt care.

BikeRunSki Mon 12-Nov-12 19:38:08

We had a private gender scan last year at 22 weeks, but I am pretty sure their "cut off" was 34ish weeks. After that there is the possibility of the baby being too tightly curled up to get a good view. It might be worth bearing in mind that they may not want to spend the time looking for the gender though if it's not obvious. I had a scan at 36 weeks to check position and asked then, but no.

Numbthumbs Mon 12-Nov-12 19:44:14

Thanks BikeRunSki, ill bear that in mind. They are checking for kidney problems so the most important thing is that its got at least one healthy one, it had 2 at 20 weeks but so did DD and she hasnt now (16 months). Fingers crossed.

Lora1982 Mon 12-Nov-12 21:21:58

i had a sizing scan at 30 wks it was much much quicker thaan the other scans... not even 10 mins. anyway she asked if we knew what it was and i said yes but she could always double check for us as she was there :-D

Texmex Tue 13-Nov-12 10:43:38

Hope it's good news for you at your scan. Let us know how you get on (and share your secret!).

showtunesgirl Tue 13-Nov-12 10:47:42

At my hospital everyone got a second scan and at mine they re-confirmed the sex. Good luck!

Numbthumbs Tue 13-Nov-12 13:41:24

Ssshhhhhhhhh........its a healthy healthy healthy boy and a HUGE one at that grin
Cant believe ive grown a willy shock

ISeeThreadPeople Tue 13-Nov-12 13:45:47

Oh congratulations! On both counts. A healthy boy sounds like a great way to start 2013.

TakingTheStairs Tue 13-Nov-12 13:46:12

Congratulations smile

showtunesgirl Tue 13-Nov-12 15:07:41

Woo hoo! Healthy is all that matters! grin

Texmex Tue 13-Nov-12 20:34:32

Great news, huge congratulations to you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now