Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

palpitations after mild exertion - worried

(4 Posts)
emeraldgirl1 Mon 12-Nov-12 14:35:43

should I mention this to MW when I see her again in 3 weeks or should I mention it to someone now, or not waste anyone's time at all?!

Am 22 weeks tomorrow and though I kept pretty fit up until about a month ago (gym, swimming etc) I have been more inactive than usual since then due to pelvic girdle pain. Still managing a weekly yoga class and a gentle exercise DVD once a week though. Walking is more of a problem but I have still been pottering.

However for the past 3 or 4 days I have started to get palpitations after a pretty gentle potter. I just went up the road (5 min walk) and back and have had a fast heartbeat since I got back 20 mins ago (been sitting down ever since). Yesterday I had a sudden attack of (mild but noticeable) breathlessness after coming up a flight of stairs with a too-heavy bag. I have had other light incidents of palpitations after gentle walking for the past couple of days too.

Is this absolutely nothing, or should I mention it? It's not exactly racing, thudding palpitations (had those in the early days once or twice, plus I have v v occasionally had them in the past before pregnancy) but it seems an excessive reaction to very mild activity.

Any advice?

sundaesundae Mon 12-Nov-12 14:59:29

I had it around 15 weeks, I was told it was possibly an iron deficiency and to take spatone for a week, if it made no difference to go back. It cleared up on its own, was scary though!

emeraldgirl1 Mon 12-Nov-12 15:02:29

Oh dear, I really struggle with taking iron in any form as I have chronic pre pregnancy slow-transit constipation and iron makes it worse... sad

sundaesundae Mon 12-Nov-12 15:05:09

GP for you then smile go and have a chat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now