Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

really fast kicks, normal or fitting?

(6 Posts)
stinkinseamonkey Mon 12-Nov-12 11:45:07

they're NOT hiccups, I get them too, they are slower, and feel them mostly in head/bum area

am a bit worried that sometimes the limbs jerk REALLY QUICKLY. In a way I can't picture a newborn moving, is this juddering normal or a sign of something sinister like fitting?

eagleray Mon 12-Nov-12 12:03:23

I get this too - it's like a shaking, reminds me a bit of when dogs shake themselves dry after getting wet!

I do recall though that stuff has been posted about this before, and it is normal, although I cannot remember what causes it!

stinkinseamonkey Mon 12-Nov-12 12:04:57

yeah a bit like that, or like a boxer practicing those rolling punches really fast on a punch bag??

good to hear it's not that unusual, didn't have these with no1 and all of his movements inside were mirrored when he was outside IYKWIM

eagleray Mon 12-Nov-12 12:11:17

Here is an older thread (of which ghere are many on the subject) which has some theories: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/a1534264-Baby-shuddering-in-womb-Has-anyone-else-felt-this

As you will see, it is very common, and mostly reported around late 2nd/early 3rd trimester

stinkinseamonkey Mon 12-Nov-12 12:23:32

thank you, phew smile

Splinters Mon 12-Nov-12 16:31:13

Mine does this, I'm so glad to see it's normal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now