Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What are these bits of skin??!! Sorry - embarrassing question coming up...

(6 Posts)
EmW78 Mon 12-Nov-12 10:47:22

I am 25+5 and have just started to notice a lot of little bits of skin hanging off my nipples and areolae. They're really itchy and normally I would probably just pick and scratch (don't judge me!) until they come off but they're also extremely stubborn and I don't want to damage anything... Are they normal? And should I be doing something to stop it happening, like moisturising, or are there other creams I could use?
Thanks blush

Ellypoo Mon 12-Nov-12 11:46:41

They might be skin tags - another delightful side effect of pergnancy!!

EmW78 Mon 12-Nov-12 11:52:38

OMG just looked them up and it looks like you have to get them removed by a doctor - will I be stuck with them forever or do pregnancy-related ones disappear by themselves? Am freaked out now. DH said "oh yeah I noticed that a few days ago"; I don't want him to be put off by them for the rest of our lives!

lynniep Mon 12-Nov-12 11:54:08

hey - if they are pregnancy related skin tags - theres a good chance they will disappear in time, so don't bother just yet with a doc. I had them everywhere that there was friction when I was pg (bra straps and underwiring, necklaces, knickers!) but they have all gone now.

EmW78 Mon 12-Nov-12 11:55:47

Thanks lynniep - will stop panicking now and think about all the other much more important things that are soon to happen! smile

pinsent Mon 12-Nov-12 13:39:12

I got one on my nipple too and went to see my doctor about it. blush She said it was a normal pregnancy symptom and that it may disappear on its own after baby comes along and so was reluctant to do anything about it whilst pregnant unless it became sore, which it didn't. Also she said that it wouldn't affect breast feeding either which is what worried me the most.
Pregnancy is so glamorous! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now