Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone seen any (not too expensive) navy blue maternity trousers?

(8 Posts)
HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 12-Nov-12 09:43:17

I'm trawling eBay but there's not many coming up (I missed out by 19p the other day!). I need them for work so I don't want to spend too much money because I'm a nurse iyswim. They will get a lot of wear and get grubby!

milkyjo Mon 12-Nov-12 11:15:07

Will your employers not let you wear black trousers? I couldn't find any navy ones either so I said they would need to provide maternity ones, which take 3 months to order, or they let me wear black ones. I wore black ones in the end.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 12-Nov-12 11:15:48

My boss is pretty flexible so possibly! I'll ask her.

TeWiDoesTheHulaInHawaii Mon 12-Nov-12 11:29:18

If not, when I was pregnant I found some non-pg trousers with a high waist but a button fly at each hip (instead of one in the middle) which meant I could do the hair tie trick on the buttons at with side and they stayed up fine, looked okay. Right at the end I wore slightly too big jogging bottoms.

TerracottaPie Mon 12-Nov-12 11:55:33

I got mine through work (nurse too). There was a slight wait while they were ordered but I think they rushed them through as I was massive!

They were so comfortable though. And the matching tunic top. Left plenty of growing room.

I'd say definitely get them through work and while you're waiting just get some bigger sizes to keep you going. Are you NHS? The sewing/linen room should have some bigger sizes to try on. Also is a dress an option if you can't get trousers? Easier to size up and keep swapping when you outgrow it.

I worked at a different trust with my first 2 and they only had a maternity dress. It was like a tent! So glad DC3 was trousers and tunic. And also so glad I still have them as I think I'm only a few weeks away from needing to wear them with DC4!

Hamnvik Mon 12-Nov-12 14:04:40

Jojo maman bebe!! I had to get some for work too and they have navy ones which are perfect, they were about £30 I think.

Paradisefound Mon 12-Nov-12 17:41:47

Boden do navy maternity leggings about £18 if you use a discount code easily found on web.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 12-Nov-12 18:44:20

Leggings won't look right! My tunic won't cover my arse! The Jojo maman bebe ones look pretty good.

I should be entitled to trousers but my manager has only signed the uniform request form for tunics! I'll ask her for trousers too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now