Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Alergies when pregnant, any safe medication

(6 Posts)
sophiad Mon 12-Nov-12 08:40:21

Morning all

I went to my friends house yesterday who has 2 cats and I forgot how allergic I am to them. I have been suffering all night, sneezing and wheezing etc. Feel horrible this morning! I won't be able to avoid going round there again really, but suffer so horribly with the alergies. Was wondering if anyone knew of any safe medication to take. I'm currently 20 weeks. Thank you !

mommyPlant Mon 12-Nov-12 09:33:51

Hi, I have some allergies/ allergic conditions and I do believe there are some medications you can take during pregnancy, but it depends on your pregnancy/ health otherwise. I was reassured by my consultant that if anything bad were to happen then there are things the doctors can prescribe. I would say it might be best to speak to either a pharmacist or the doctors as not all medications suit all pregnancies and all medications will say not to take when you are pregnant... sorry to be a little vague but wouldnt want to tell you what you can take if it might not suit you and something were to happen :/

FireOverBabylon Mon 12-Nov-12 09:36:05

I took piriton for hayfever when I was pregnant - it was prescribed by my GP and is supposed to be safe,

SecretSparkle Mon 12-Nov-12 10:26:30

My GP advised me to continue taking prition as the benefits out weighed the risks, I have chronic complete body urtacaria (hives) which keep me up at night and drive my wild if I dont take anything!!!

I would get yourself down to the doctors, have a chat with your GP and see what he suggests

iamwhaticallpregnant Mon 12-Nov-12 17:31:21

Piriton - they are all ok it's only that there has never been any studies on pregnant ladies with these medications that it says on the packets do not take when pregnant. They are covering their arses. Dont worry - take a piriton :-)

Fluffyfish Mon 12-Nov-12 18:32:37

I was told by expert in feotal medicine than after first trimester loratidine is ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now