Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What would you like for christmas when three/four months pregnant?

(12 Posts)
unfitmummy Mon 12-Nov-12 00:11:40

Title says it all really. It's been a while since I was pregnant so I can't remember! It would be great if it was something which would do for husband and wife. Any thoughts?

KarenHL Mon 12-Nov-12 00:20:44

I am almost 4months, so feel qualified to answer (having said that, your friend's tastes might not be the same as mine).

I would like someone to babysit DD for 2-3 hours so I can go and have a 'posh' tea & some time with DH - somewhere like the Wallace Collection (they do lovely cakes).

Almost everything I can think of revolves around DD being babysat for an hour or two so I can talk to DH uninterrupted or have companionable silence(only 'cause DD in a phase of talking non-stop from when she wakes, to when she sleeps).

If it was my first pregnancy, I'd probably would have liked something DH and I could do together (theatre?) or something to pamper me (like a manicure or pedicure).

Ellypoo Mon 12-Nov-12 05:37:45

Or maybe vouchers for the cinema or a contribution for a meal at a restaurant. I will be 5 months at Christmas and these would be great gifts for us x

MrsHoarder Mon 12-Nov-12 06:30:56

I'd like something you'd normally get me unless it invoices alcohol. If it must be something pregnancy related, maternity clothes.

As for the husband, his life hadn't really changed yet, so unless you get him dad to be tat, just get him what you normally would. Unless yourbudget stretches toa good camera.

This us their last Christmas before focus shifts to baby.

worsestershiresauce Mon 12-Nov-12 08:09:23

I would like nothing what so ever to do with babies!!!

sundaesundae Mon 12-Nov-12 08:48:50

I will be nearly 7 months with my first this christmas. I want normal stuff, no clothes, nothing for the baby, no alcohol. Mum to be smellies are acceptable, fluffy socks, kitchen stuff, pamper session or vouchers are all good.

I always just ask for John Lewis vouchers, easiest for everyone.

Paradisefound Mon 12-Nov-12 09:13:09

I will be 5 months this Christmas with first. I would like some nice toiletries, I would also like some books that will tell me what to do/ what to expect when the baby arrives ... As i haven't a clue!

weeblueberry Mon 12-Nov-12 10:56:19

A lie in, a giant cup of tea and a really good book. smile.

In fact I'd give my left arm for this right now...

stinkinseamonkey Mon 12-Nov-12 11:40:55

not toiletries! unless perhaps they're really nice mum to be ones like burts bees, I'm extra careful about avoiding chemicals and aromatherapy stuff during pregnancy.

not bloody wine! NOT BLOODY WINE! (and I don't want that after the birth either when I'm breast feeding a 3 day old and struggling to keep my eyes open and on pain killers/anitbiotics etc either!) (sorry OP, that wasn't really aimed at you! grin)

Something yummy from fortnums or m&s, safe cheeses with chutney etc

DVD or book set

but in general I don't agree with these threads, we don't know the person, you do! generic gifts are crap!

stinkinseamonkey Mon 12-Nov-12 11:42:16

cinema/meal/concert/comedy vouchers would be FAB! good one Ellypoo!

BonaDea Mon 12-Nov-12 12:06:16

One of those nice Jo Jo Maman Bebe wrap tops (unless you can afford to splash out on the Isabella Oliver version).

iamwhaticallpregnant Mon 12-Nov-12 17:27:21

A voucher for a good maternity wear place. Nothing for the baby. Tasty chocolates/beautiful cup cakes from a fancy place. Non alcoholic wine/beer. A make over voucher for a nice make up place like estee lauder. Bio oil! You could do a little hamper of non alcoholic beer/wine and chocs/cake. I can only think of good lady gifts generally but as someone said previously its their last xmas before baby so i would steer clear of baby stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now