Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How do I know if my unborn is breech or not?!

(7 Posts)
Pritchyx Sun 11-Nov-12 21:54:42

I'm 13+5 and I had my scan a week and half ago! But I've just read through my notes and they've not wrote anything down and stapled a very basic sheet in, very typical for Good Hope hospital...
The only thing the sonographer said was that he or she is very healthy, likes to wriggle about and they're sitting upright with their hands in their mouth... But does that mean he/she is breech? Nothing is mentioned and nothing on my notes! Really annoying me because my friend (who's LO is breech and ready to come out) is saying he/she is! Arghhhh.

stinkinseamonkey Sun 11-Nov-12 21:56:33

it really doesn't matter what way round it is at 13+5, it'll do a number of summersaults over the next few months

wanderingalbatross Sun 11-Nov-12 21:59:06

Breech means feet down, head up, so technically I guess your baby is in that position. But between now and being born (s)he will turn around many many times. Probably at the most inconvenient times and with much kicking and thrashing. It's only in the last few weeks of pregnancy that it starts to matter what position baby is in, as space gets a bit tight and there's not enough room for him/her to turn as easily.

RancerDoo Sun 11-Nov-12 22:02:29

It doesn't matter just yet. Babies don't turn head down often until much nearer the end.

Pritchyx Sun 11-Nov-12 22:03:14

At least you guys are helpful! I was sat here like :/ urmmmm!
As long as it doesn't try to attack me from inside while I'm in meetings between now and Christmas I don't mind! smile and as long as it turns itself round by may or I'll more than likely be having a c-section which I really really don't want!

gallicgirl Sun 11-Nov-12 22:08:43

I think it's only around 36-37 weeks that it's an issue if baby is breach.
I think I had an ECV at 39 weeks but they like to do them at 37 weeks IIRC.

Just wait til after 20 weeks when you can lie in the bath and see little feet kick you from the inside!

stinkinseamonkey Sun 11-Nov-12 22:10:02

it WILL attack you from inside in meetings.. and while trying to sleep/drive etc

but its got loads of moving to do yet

just stay active, sofas have shares in C-sections wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now