Talk

Advanced search

Painful tightenings at 36 weeks

(4 Posts)
lauraloo09 Sun 11-Nov-12 21:30:04

Hiya just wondering if people have experienced this before. I have been having non painful braxton hicks for around 5 weeks already but over the past few days I have actually been doubled over by the pain in my stomach and I feel extremely heavy on the lower part of my bump, this has happened quite a few times today. I'm due to go in for elcs in 2 weeks but not sure if something is happening now. I have SPD and again not sure if the pain could be related to that. Also TMI I have piles and constipation could this be whats causing the pain with the tightenings? I can't remember this with my DD who is 3. At my consultant appointment the mw was a bt concerned about my BP but as urine came back clear the consultant didn't seem too concerned, my BP is still on the high side and I would be worried about contacting mw and gettinng kept in hospital as I'd have no one to watch DD...anyone help?

Iceaddict Sun 11-Nov-12 21:58:16

Hi, could just be BH but you need to call labour ward. They have heard everything before and will know what it is. I did have quite painful BH with DC2, called labour ward, they advised me to take 2 paracetamol and rest, if the pain goes away its BH if not then to call back. But call first don't take a chance.

Iceaddict Sun 11-Nov-12 21:59:13

Also I didn't have any with DC1 either

greenbananas Sun 11-Nov-12 22:01:10

Yes, you need to call the labour ward. It's probably fine, but you must get it checked out.

I understand your concerns about having nobody to look after your DD, but you should still call.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now