Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mr Brains Faggots

(12 Posts)
SecretSparkle Sun 11-Nov-12 19:17:57

Safe to eat?

I've googled it but its mostly people saying how gross they are, so really not helpful!!!

I had 2 for tea, so this is a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted but I just wanted to ask the question!!!

PseudoBadger Sun 11-Nov-12 19:22:16

What's in them?

fridayfreedom Sun 11-Nov-12 19:22:43

they are pork mainly and so long as they are cooked properly are fine.
I love them!!

wiganwagonwheelworks Sun 11-Nov-12 19:23:12

they are fine. I used to like them before I went vegetarian. Have one for me OP...

RightUpMyRue Sun 11-Nov-12 19:54:39

They're seriously revolting but essentially only various bits of pork so I'm guessing they're fine.

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Sun 11-Nov-12 20:23:33

They're seriously delicious. Giant meatballs in gravy. Yum yum.

<wails on realising they're not available in this country>

chocorocco Mon 12-Nov-12 22:06:57

Yummy one of my guilty pleasures. I had them for my tea last night with DH looking over in disgust. Didn't even cross my mind they wouldn't be safe.
Enjoy

GrandPoohBah Mon 12-Nov-12 22:41:11

No different to sausages, so fine I would think.

Yum, by the way. I want some now!

stowsettler Tue 13-Nov-12 08:50:52

I had them on Sunday. Absolutely gorgeous, I loves them!

milkyjo Tue 13-Nov-12 13:55:51

Proper faggots have liver and other offal in them which you shouldn't eat due to the Vit A, but I'm guessing if its not listed on the ingredients then it should be ok.

milkyjo Tue 13-Nov-12 13:59:46

Just checked and they do contain liver (15%). But as you've eaten them you can't really do anything about it! I'm sure it's fine but don't make a habit of eating them regularly. Her is a link to the list of ingredients Mr Brains Faggots

SecretSparkle Tue 13-Nov-12 14:54:26

Thanks milky I spoke to my midwife last night and she said it shouldn't be a problem because its low content but to avoid them in the future!!!

They were yummy though, with chips and peas!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now