Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding and mild cramps at 10 weeks.

(19 Posts)
LadyFlumpalot Sun 11-Nov-12 13:09:39

Woke up this morning with a bit of oooky brown discharge when I wiped, like on the very last day of a period.

I have been having mild cramps as well, exactly like very mild period pains.

I called my OOH and she saw me, told me not to worry and booked me in for a scan tomorrow.

However, when I got home I went to the loo and noticed "proper" blood. I wiped and it was just like a period. Fresh, red blood and quite a bit. Although, a bit thinner than usual. This has since calmed down to browny blood again.

I am loathe to go back up to the hospital as I already have a scan booked for tomorrow.

In my heart, I'm fairly sure I've lost the baby. Has anyone else had anything like this?

nomoreminibreaks Sun 11-Nov-12 13:13:20

I had red spotting around that time and very painful cramps, worse than my worst period pains. I can't remember how much red there was but was sent for a scan and everything was fine. My midwife said when she booked it 'I'll keep my fingers crossed for you' which made me panic more, I'd convinced myself I was just overreacting.

Hope everything's ok x

JennyPiccolo Sun 11-Nov-12 13:13:57

I've heard a few people who have had bleeding and everything's been fine. In reality, every pregnancy is different and the only way you'll know for sure is by getting your scan. I know that's not a great consolation just now. Try to relax, put your feet up and sit tight till your scan tomorrow.

Haylebop12 Sun 11-Nov-12 13:16:10

Any clots lady?

Keep your eye on blood loss if you have anymore. Praying you don't.

LadyFlumpalot Sun 11-Nov-12 13:21:40

Thank you all. No clots as such, but little bitty bits when I had the old stuff.

Haylebop12 Sun 11-Nov-12 13:23:47

Try not to worry. Obviously I'm not a doctor but sounds like you ok.

If you we're losing the baby I guess you would be passing large clots (I had mmc 9 weeks)

Good luck for your scan and let us know. Thinking of you.

LadyFlumpalot Sun 11-Nov-12 14:10:23

I'm having proper, need painkiller, cramps now. This baby's gone. sad

Haylebop12 Sun 11-Nov-12 14:21:26

Oh lady, if reding gets worse get to a and e. they will see you quickly.

Still FX for you.

Hugs.

Haylebop12 Sun 11-Nov-12 14:21:58

*bleeding

nomoreminibreaks Sun 11-Nov-12 14:36:58

My cramps were that bad! I was in tears, and not just because i was worried. It's not definitely gone. Try to relax if you can x

Haylebop12 Sun 11-Nov-12 17:25:43

How are you lady

LadyFlumpalot Sun 11-Nov-12 17:48:26

Well I'm sat in Salisbury A+E sporting the very latest in hospital couture with a needle in my arm. Not how I envisaged spending my Sunday evening.

nomoreminibreaks Sun 11-Nov-12 17:52:34

Are they going to give you a scan today?

Haylebop12 Sun 11-Nov-12 17:54:33

How's the bleeding?

Spoiltexpatbrat Sun 11-Nov-12 18:03:50

I hope you have a good outcome. I have had 3 pregnancies, one ended up in a Mmc at 12 weeks the other two are sleeping peacefully in bed.

My Mmc was the least bloody and least painful of the three.

With my ds I had such bad pains I couldn't move, I tried to reach a phone to call an ambulance but couldn't, dh was away so I stayed in pain for over two hours until I collapsed in exhaustion. I also blood loss. A scan the next day revealed all was well.

Fingers crossed its the same for you

nomoreminibreaks Sun 11-Nov-12 23:29:49

Thinking of you lady

LadyFlumpalot Mon 12-Nov-12 15:03:07

It's all over sad

Had a massive bleed in the early hours, went into a+e, then onto a scan - nothing left.

I'm not toooo upset, I'm young and healthy, I'll fall again. I just wasn't meant to have that particular baby.

sad

Haylebop12 Mon 12-Nov-12 15:19:37

Oh lady, my thoughts are with you. Glad to see your positive about it. Just don't be too hard on yourself.

Your right you will fall again. I always tell myself the baby I mcd was better gone as its quality of life may have been awful.

On a positive note all the pg tissue us gone meaning no nasty operations etc. all the best.

Spoiltexpatbrat Mon 12-Nov-12 16:20:41

Sorry to hear this, I've been checking all day hoping for some good news from you.
I like your positive attitude, and I wish you the very best for the future x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now