Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Bleeding and mild cramps at 10 weeks.

(19 Posts)
LadyFlumpalot Sun 11-Nov-12 13:09:39

Woke up this morning with a bit of oooky brown discharge when I wiped, like on the very last day of a period.

I have been having mild cramps as well, exactly like very mild period pains.

I called my OOH and she saw me, told me not to worry and booked me in for a scan tomorrow.

However, when I got home I went to the loo and noticed "proper" blood. I wiped and it was just like a period. Fresh, red blood and quite a bit. Although, a bit thinner than usual. This has since calmed down to browny blood again.

I am loathe to go back up to the hospital as I already have a scan booked for tomorrow.

In my heart, I'm fairly sure I've lost the baby. Has anyone else had anything like this?

nomoreminibreaks Sun 11-Nov-12 13:13:20

I had red spotting around that time and very painful cramps, worse than my worst period pains. I can't remember how much red there was but was sent for a scan and everything was fine. My midwife said when she booked it 'I'll keep my fingers crossed for you' which made me panic more, I'd convinced myself I was just overreacting.

Hope everything's ok x

JennyPiccolo Sun 11-Nov-12 13:13:57

I've heard a few people who have had bleeding and everything's been fine. In reality, every pregnancy is different and the only way you'll know for sure is by getting your scan. I know that's not a great consolation just now. Try to relax, put your feet up and sit tight till your scan tomorrow.

Haylebop12 Sun 11-Nov-12 13:16:10

Any clots lady?

Keep your eye on blood loss if you have anymore. Praying you don't.

LadyFlumpalot Sun 11-Nov-12 13:21:40

Thank you all. No clots as such, but little bitty bits when I had the old stuff.

Haylebop12 Sun 11-Nov-12 13:23:47

Try not to worry. Obviously I'm not a doctor but sounds like you ok.

If you we're losing the baby I guess you would be passing large clots (I had mmc 9 weeks)

Good luck for your scan and let us know. Thinking of you.

LadyFlumpalot Sun 11-Nov-12 14:10:23

I'm having proper, need painkiller, cramps now. This baby's gone. sad

Haylebop12 Sun 11-Nov-12 14:21:26

Oh lady, if reding gets worse get to a and e. they will see you quickly.

Still FX for you.

Haylebop12 Sun 11-Nov-12 14:21:58

nomoreminibreaks Sun 11-Nov-12 14:36:58

My cramps were that bad! I was in tears, and not just because i was worried. It's not definitely gone. Try to relax if you can x

Haylebop12 Sun 11-Nov-12 17:25:43

How are you lady

LadyFlumpalot Sun 11-Nov-12 17:48:26

Well I'm sat in Salisbury A+E sporting the very latest in hospital couture with a needle in my arm. Not how I envisaged spending my Sunday evening.

nomoreminibreaks Sun 11-Nov-12 17:52:34

Are they going to give you a scan today?

Haylebop12 Sun 11-Nov-12 17:54:33

How's the bleeding?

Spoiltexpatbrat Sun 11-Nov-12 18:03:50

I hope you have a good outcome. I have had 3 pregnancies, one ended up in a Mmc at 12 weeks the other two are sleeping peacefully in bed.

My Mmc was the least bloody and least painful of the three.

With my ds I had such bad pains I couldn't move, I tried to reach a phone to call an ambulance but couldn't, dh was away so I stayed in pain for over two hours until I collapsed in exhaustion. I also blood loss. A scan the next day revealed all was well.

Fingers crossed its the same for you

nomoreminibreaks Sun 11-Nov-12 23:29:49

Thinking of you lady

LadyFlumpalot Mon 12-Nov-12 15:03:07

It's all over sad

Had a massive bleed in the early hours, went into a+e, then onto a scan - nothing left.

I'm not toooo upset, I'm young and healthy, I'll fall again. I just wasn't meant to have that particular baby.

Haylebop12 Mon 12-Nov-12 15:19:37

Oh lady, my thoughts are with you. Glad to see your positive about it. Just don't be too hard on yourself.

Your right you will fall again. I always tell myself the baby I mcd was better gone as its quality of life may have been awful.

On a positive note all the pg tissue us gone meaning no nasty operations etc. all the best.

Spoiltexpatbrat Mon 12-Nov-12 16:20:41

Sorry to hear this, I've been checking all day hoping for some good news from you.
I like your positive attitude, and I wish you the very best for the future x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now