Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bump at just under 6 weeks?

(9 Posts)
shelley72 Sun 11-Nov-12 12:08:13

i mean really? i am (i think) 5+5 wks so very newly pregnant. i already have a bump shock and it feels sore, have been having cramps on and off for the last few days. i feel (and look)huge and i am not sure how much longer i will be able to keep this hidden. i didnt show until about 7mo with DC1 and a bit earlier with DC2 but definitely not this early. i know my tummy muscles are now non existent, but how can i be showing already?

teddymummy Sun 11-Nov-12 12:13:47

I had a bump at 8 weeks with my second pregnancy- had to wear maternity trousers...it was twins!!!

shelley72 Sun 11-Nov-12 12:34:30

no shock dont tell me that <faints>

cupcake78 Sun 11-Nov-12 12:45:01

This is my 4th pregnancy (only one dc) and I'm 7 + 3 wks. Today I have dug out my maternity trousers the comfort factor rules from now on. I am looking very fat sad but thankfully can just pass it off as too much food for now.

A couple of friends are also pregnant for 2nd time and both been showing around 10weeks.

As miserable, sick and tired as I feel I'm beginning to not care and I just want to be comfortable.

Princessishavingababyboo Sun 11-Nov-12 12:49:54

15 weeks here, have had a bump for about 6 weeks, definitely only 1 baby boo in there! Mw said it is all water.

Dandelion75 Sun 11-Nov-12 13:23:03

At 6 weeks pregnant someone offered me the pregnant ladies seat on the tube, so my bump was definitely visible grin I'm sure it was mostly fluid retention and bloat from IVF drugs, but there's been no hiding it ever since! Now 20 weeks and keep being told how huge I am. Definitely just one on board though.

bonzo77 Sun 11-Nov-12 13:29:50

I had this with 2nd pregnancy. Was just fluid retention / bloating. Was gone by about 10 weeks and real bump started about 16 weeks.

Jojoba1986 Sun 11-Nov-12 13:58:20

I was getting bumpy at 6 weeks with #2. It's probably just all the mars bars & pretzels I've been eating but at 10 weeks I feel enormous & am convinced it's twins! I'm already feeling occasional movements! confused

katesav87 Sun 11-Nov-12 14:51:53

I've had a bump since 6 weeks feel very fat and can't quite believe I need to wear maternity trousers but as its DC2 I thought it would get big quick but not that quick ur not alone I had to tell ppl as couldn't hide it xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now