Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bloody toothache

(5 Posts)
chezziejo Sun 11-Nov-12 09:17:00

Been up all night with it. Ended up having some cocodamol as so desperate. I've had a cavity since April that they wouldn't touch in a wisdom tooth as it needed extraction but I've had such seveer toothache and I think another cavity that if I beg them will they do something with it? I'm 38 weeks now. Never had toothache before and never want it again sad

KentuckyFriedChildren Sun 11-Nov-12 09:47:12

No they won't I think the most I had while pg was a fissure seal but they didn't need to drill that or extract which is what they would need to do with a bad cavity. I sympathise completely I have toothache as well and I know if I go to the dentist I will be turned away. Thankfully I won't have to wait too long til baby is here (induction in 3 weeks- if I don't go before) but I'm not sure if they will do anything anyway if I'm breastfeeding. I think I need a root canal sad

chezziejo Sun 11-Nov-12 10:02:10

Bloody hell it's so painful tho. Surely a filling isn't so awful when pregnant. Hopefully will pop soon and have it done ASAP after that. Some better pain relief would be helpful but risked the cocodamol but I know brufen is out of the question. I'm not a Mard arse either I had DS with no pain relief at all but this is something else.

DoodleAlley Sun 11-Nov-12 10:08:02

I had a filling done when pg with DS no problem.

Pg this time and different dentist (head of practice) suggested might need some work to dif tooth but agreed to slave it til I stopped vomiting when things were put in my mouth.

But has rescheduled while I am pg as far easier than when with a newborn!

DoodleAlley Sun 11-Nov-12 10:08:43

Save not slave

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now